icon

4 channel amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mjmauto 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2007 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
I was just curious if anyone includes running speaker wire from the amp to each speaker in a normal 4 channel install.   For basic install at my shop we run it from amp back to headunit then to factory speaker wiring.  I am asking this because I just had a customer tell me I didnt install his amp correctly because I installed it this way.  I told him running wires to each speaker is not included in the normal install charge and so I am wondering what you all do.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 27, 2007 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
Your install would have been wrong only if you had charged him for new speaker wire and the labor to install it to the speaker locations.  Your customer seems to be unaware of what the term 'basic' means.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
lookingforvtec 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2007 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
I don't run new speaker wire unless we are adding more speaker to the door are or adding a real high power amp. The customer will not benefit from running new speaker lines for a basic amp install. But if he wants it charge he for it. (p.s. Did the car have a factory amp in it?)
Dreaming about thing that I want only to away to find things that I can't have... But that's life!! And I deal the best way that I know how..Down shifting and taking it to the red!!!!!
mjmauto 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2007 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
It was a non amplified Toyota Tundra.  I told him we could run new wires , but for an additional cost.  He felt it should have been included in the price he had already paid.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2007 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  

Basic install is to factory wiring at the radio. Upgrade install is to rewire direct to each additional speaker. Perhaps you should clarify this to each and every customer in the future so that they can make the decision on what it is that they are expecting. I should also point out that the customer did infact receive exactly what he paid for. Had he paid for the upgrade install, that is what he would have received.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
roo-dog 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2007 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
   we do it exactly as you did- unless the customer would like it different and are willing to pay additional charges; or if it is a high wattage setup we will recommend doing so.   
(4)g5-1244, (4)gtr12, (2)ppipcx2400, (1)pcx4125, (1)pc4800.2, (3) pair mb quart 6.5"Q, (4)optimas, alumapro (1)5 and(1)15 farad cap, premier deh-p860mp, pioneer xm -dual H.O. alternators
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2007 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
just explain to him the difference and unless he has some super sweet gear and awesome ears he wont be able to tell

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic