99 deville alarm sleep problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hessdawg 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2007 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  

hey

i have a 99 cadillac deville i put a dei viper 350hv alarm into.we also used a dei 451m  relay and  tagged the RED / black and orange black for lock and unlock, and the light green for disarm. the alarn will worn fine for intermitantly  but after a while the car will shut down and the alarm will sound but the locks wont work and trunk won't pop.already swapped the brain out and tripple check wiring.  anybody ever heard of this ???? called dei tech no help. thank in advance

hessdawg out
streetdream 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2007 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Does the factory alarm get all screwy or the aftermarket one? I have seen this on a remote start once where the factory alarm would go off as soon as you literally touched the car.
MECP First Class
Bay Manager
hessdawg 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2007 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
haven't heard the factory alarm go off att all but some times when we hit the arm botton it will unlock the door and when you disarm it will lock the doors. never seen any thing like this
hessdawg out
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 30, 2007 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged  

So...some times the lock and arm work as they should.....then sometimes they work in reverse? That is odd. Has the factory security EVER malfunctioned?

Try using just the factory stuff for a while and see if the problem persists. Is the 451 being used correctly? I am not a fan of any "prewired" relay packs. I like to do it myself as to be sure it's done properly

streetdream 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2007 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
You shouldn't even need to use a relay pack on that vehicle. Sounds like you have possibly the wires backwards?
MECP First Class
Bay Manager
hessdawg 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2007 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  

car  comes in today  i thing i'll pull the alarm and wiring out and start all over. been doing this for 7 years now and i have never seen this happen.

hessdawg out
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  

streetdream wrote:
You shouldn't even need to use a relay pack on that vehicle. Sounds like you have possibly the wires backwards?

How do you do the door locks on this car without relays?

hessdawg 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2007 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
just with the dei 500ma rev polarity  wires. had it wired like this firs then put the 451m relay pac in.  worked on it friday and had it all working great. kept it overnight to see if it would sleep. came in saterday morning still working fine. came in monday after sitting all day sunday, and now it chirps but no lock moving up or down.
hessdawg out
KarTuneMan 
Posted: April 02, 2007 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  

hessdawg wrote:
just with the dei 500ma rev polarity  wires. had it wired like this firs then put the 451m relay pac in.  worked on it friday and had it all working great. kept it overnight to see if it would sleep. came in saterday morning still working fine. came in monday after sitting all day sunday, and now it chirps but no lock moving up or down.

This makes no sense....at least to me? The DEI 500ma rev.polarity wires? Does DEI do such a thing? If they have "rev. polarity wires" wouldn't they be connected to internal relays? The more I read, the more confused I become...... Does anyone have a postable install manual for this viper...at least the page that talks aboput door lock options?

Anyways...what are you using from the viper to "disarm" the factory stuff?

hessdawg 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2007 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
the viper 350hv has lock and unlock out puts on the brain that are thin blue and green. the blue will output - unlock or +lock. green will pulse - lock or +unlock all at 500ma. you can unplug this 3 pin plug and plug in a 451m relay pack for stronger current door locks
hessdawg out

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic