icon

major problem with rsx doorlocks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
csnut18 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2007 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
Hey mikvot that is good to know. I truly hope it is only a fuse and nothing more. Mikvot, which fuse was blown on the mitsu? Thank you
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2007 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
I think it was a fuse for the Etacs module, which is part of the fuse box inside of the car. The fuse ended up being under the hood. Obviously, your car is set up completely different then this car. The only other thing that didn't work was the domelight. Without checking all of the fuses, i would of never found it....the owners manual said nothing about this fused being tied into the door locks.
csnut18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2007 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
You know whats weird, if I remember correctly when I was installing the headunit the domelight was not on even though the door was open. When I slid the domelight switch to on the light went on. I paid no attention at that point and when i drove the car the locks worked as the ignition was on. Anyways I will deff check the fuses tomorrow and will let you know what I find. Thanks again
Also if anyone happens to think of something else that may be to blame for my troubles, go ahead and chime in.
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  

I was thinking about this a little more, and I haven't done car audio in a few years, but i remember on the older civics, that when you replaced the factory head unit ,you had to use a special harness, or jump a couple of wires to retain the keyless and domelight.......just an idea, not sure if all of the hondas and acuras went to this system. If you can't find anything, i would post on the Audio side of the forums, and see if someone has an answer.

peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  

Doorlocks will stop working in Toyotas b/c of a bad fuse for the dome light.

As mentioned before -- you need to obtain a copy of the service manual -- NOT the owner's manual.  The service manual will show you EXACTLY in schematic form which fuses *** usually more than one *** affect the power supply to the doorlock/keyless entry unit.

Often, the SECU/BECU is a very integrated module that also controls such functions as turn signaling, brakes, parking lights, etc.  So, it follows that this unit receives power from many circuit avenues.  I recently blew a doorlock fuse in a Toyota Camry '05 I was working on and found via the SERVICE MANUAL (not the owner's manual) that there are over 7 fused power supplies to the BECU that will affect performance of the doorlock/keyless entry system, including the dome light fuse.

Best of luck ... if all else fails and you cannot obtain a service manual with electrical wiring diagrams, just start checking fuses .. betcha you'll find one that is blown.  Of course, the only way to find a short in the system is to undo all your wiring looming and electrical taping and find where a loose connection may be.

I would venture to say that it's not the brain at this point .. likely an Acura fuse .. however, the brain may have contributed to the blow fuse to begin with -- perhaps you've got the doorlock to the 3 second setting, not the 0.750 second or 0.125 second setting .. and this may have, over time blown some fuse in the Acura doorlock/keyless entry system.  Also... you'd be surprised how wires can get crimped and pnched over time by the weight of wire bundles and get chaffed to the point where the copper wire touches some metal component. 

The search function is your friend.
csnut18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
No, in this car the streo has nothing to do with the keyless or domelight. I think the only logical soluion is a blown fuse. I was constantly turning the ignition on and off during the headunit install because if you are all aware the 70-1725 metra amp integration harness for the rsx type s which allows you to usa a aftermarket headunit with the bose amp and sub is pront to alterantor noise so I was checking for this. Anyways in a couple of hours I will be going out to the car and checking all the fuses. Also a side question, can all the fuses including the small mini blade types on the interior fuse panel as well as the larger ones under the hood be checked without being taken out? Can all of them be checked with a dmm on top? Thank you
peterubers 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  

Also .. do not take it to Acura until you've done a thorough investigation ... I also own an Acura (TL) and know for a fact that they will likely NOT warrant the work they need to do to resolve your issue, and will most certainly blame it on the alarm/remote start brain/installation. 

I would also post on the Acura RSX forums.. very focused discussions will likely turn up the answer as well

peterubers 
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  

This link will take you to a site that lets you buy the service manual *pdf for $9.00 ... that's a steal compared to the hardcopy price (usually up to a couple hundred bucks).

http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/723083

peterubers 
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  

Or download it free here:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=348032

Try the second link .. it works.

peterubers 
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  

Keyless/doorlock system .. starts on page 22-156

After looking at the complete circuit diagram .. there are over 8 different fuses involved in this system as well as the Multiplex system (BECU):

Under dash fuse #10 (7.5 A) is the one that controls it when the ignition is not HOT (i.e. not the in the II or III) position)

Under hood fuses: #20 is the fuse in-line before it gets to that under dash fuse I just mentioned

Under hood fuse #9 powers the doorlock system during the Ignition in the II and III position.

I think you have your answer, best of luck.

Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic