icon

major problem with rsx doorlocks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
csnut18 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
Oh I see what you are saying I just looked at that diagram and it all makes sense. I am assuming that there is no sense in checking the 100amp fuse cause if that was blown the car would be out of commission. I hope that it's the 7.5 amp fuse#8 that is under the dash cause I have some of those in my toolbox. Anyways we will have our answer soon enough. Before I started this thread here I thought I was completely out of luck but now I have hope.
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  

But do you see how #8 fuse has nothing to do with the doorlock circuit (refer to the doorlock page in the service manual) ... if the #8 fuse is blown, and you replace the fuse... the doorlocks will be unaffected....

It's one of the other fuses... #9 fuse under hood probably or the other.

The search function is your friend.
csnut18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
Wow the wiring diagram is pretty annoying to look at. I am gonna check all the fuses we discussed in this whole conversation. I am sure the dedicated fuse for the radio is blown. I think that is under dash fuse #8. I think you are right that fuse #9 under the hood is the one that is causing the door lock troubles. I am still waiting to get the car back. I can't thank you enough for helping me out. I know you spent a lot of time on this so when I find out I will tell you exactly what it was and we will both know what to do if we ever see this problem again in the future,
peterubers 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
I appreciate the feedback b/c it adds to my fund of knowledge .. so if I ever rig an RSX w remote start/alarm .. i'll know what's up if a fuse goes... plus this site is soley responsible for my installation business for remote starts/alarm systems b/c this is how I learned to do those type of installs, so it's my obligation I think to contribute a little $ and my knowledge as often as I can.
peterubers 
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  

Oh, and ceiling light (dome light) is diagrammed on page 1248 ... in fact, all the interior lights are in that circuit diagram.

The fuse for the ceiling light (dome light) is Fuse #3 (7.5A) under the hood.  I doubt this has anything to do with your doorlocks, but also work checking.  Verify that the dome light switch is in the "Door" position and then open the door to verify that it comes on. Then switch it to the "ON' position to verify that it stays on during open or closed door situation.

Pages 1201 and 1202 have a complete listing and location of each and every fuse in that car.  You should check them all, but you can first check all we mentioned in this thread, as well as any that are listed as being involved with the following:

1) keyless receiver

2) Multiplex control unit

3) audio

4) ceiling light

csnut18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
ok I am going out to the car now so I will let you know in a little while. I only have mini blade fuses in my house now so I don't think I can fix the problem tonight but at least we will know which fuses are blown. I will check back with you in a little while.
csnut18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
Also when you say the domelight is disprogrammed, does that mean when I replace these fuses the domelight will be operational again or will I have to do some type of programming? I am gonna make sure to let you know the end result so you will have this info on you for the future.
csnut18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
Oh my god, I just came back inside. The first fuse I checked was the #9 7.5 amp fuse under the hood. Guess what it was completely destroyed. I then went on to check all the other fuses and they were all good including the radio fuse. I thought the radio fuse would be gone too but it was still good. That is strange, when I was playing with the radio wires how come the#9 under hood fuse blew and not the radio fuse? In any event I put a 7.5 amp mini blade fuse in place of the blown #9 fuse and I saw the interior lights go on so I knew I was in business. I checked the doorlocks and they worked perfectly. I started the car and ran it for like 20 min and nothing blew so that is it, the problem is fixed. Thanks so much peter, I would never of thought a unrelated fuse would be causing this. Now we both will know what to do if we see this again. Good luck with your business and thanx again
docsautomotive 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
THE IN A SENSE WAS  PART OF THE RADIO FUSE ITS THE CONSTANT POWER FUSE THATS WHY YOUR LOCKS WOULD NOT WORK WITH THE KEY OFF THERE WAS NO POWER THERE FOR THEM TO WORK
never stop
peterubers 
Posted: April 01, 2007 at 1:40 AM / IP Logged  

Congrats man.... keep that service manual handy ... it has a lot of great info in it... you'd be surprised how much Acura will rip you off for looking up a page or two in that volume and charging you $100/hr ..

I would still take some time one weekend and investigate your wiring of the remote start for a short.. I trust you made good connections, but that fuse shouldn't have blown over the course of two months or so.  Also, check the settings on your ultra start brain and make sure you're not set to 3 second long negative pulses for the doorlocks -- make it 0.125 or 0.750 seconds.

Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic