icon

529t sunroof module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
creed2k 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
I just had this put in, it works well, opens with the windows, and closes with the windows. The only problem is if i want to keep the windows and the sunroof open after locking the car i have read to push the channel that you'd usually push to put the windows down then lock right afterwards and that works for the windows, but the sunroof closes no matter how soon after that i push lock. Is that how its supposed to be or did my installer not do something right? Basically if im driving around in my car then i get out i want to be able to lock it and keep the windows/sunroof open
custom audio ny 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  

One 529t can not work the windows up/down AND a sunroof open/close by itself. So there is probably a 529t being used for the sunroof, and perhaps a 529t, 530t or other used for the windows.

Have the installer check if the 529t for the sunroof is properly set up for "controlled-duration" operation. Seems it is set for "full-travel" operation.

Custom Audio
Lynbrook NY
ASE/MECP master certified
creed2k 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i have a 530T for the 2 windows and the 529T for the sunroof... but does the "controlled-duration" mess with anything other than not closing when arm is pressed right after opening? basically are there any side effects from wanting to have it the way i want?
creed2k 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2007 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone know? i really want this to work like the windows do so i can keep them down as well as the sunroof open if i choose to
creed2k 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2007 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
anyone?
custom audio ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2007 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry for the delay in answering..but I already answered it in a sense.

Use a 530T for the sunroof as well. The only "bad" side effect I can see from this is if it starts raining..other then that the module electrically does the same thing the switch does..in other words the motor itself can not tell the difference if you are using the switch in the car or doing by remote control.

Hope that helped.

Custom Audio
Lynbrook NY
creed2k 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2007 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
at the risk of sounding like an idiot, no that doesn't really help me.. i dont want to buy another 530T for this job, especially when viper recommends a 529t for the sunroof, is there no other way to do this? surely the installer can wire in a relay or SOMETHING to get it to stop traveling when lock is pressed within 5 seconds of the windows being opened...
custom audio ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2007 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  

No, you do not sound like an idiot at all. You just may not understand what is going on with these modules.

If you go back to my original response "Have the installer check if the 529t for the sunroof is properly set up for "controlled-duration" operation. Seems it is set for "full-travel" operation." you should know what your next step is...to approach the installer and see if that has been done. If the installer does not understand this..find another......or........

I suggested the 530T as a second option since we know it does exactly what you want it to with the windows...so I can't think of any reason on this great blue planet why it wouldn't do the same with the sunroof....in other words the module does not know the difference between a sunroof or a window....they both use motors...the reason the sunroof is not doing what you want it to is either installer related..or the model of module you are using (529t) is incapable..it has nothing to do with anything else.

Custom Audio
Lynbrook NY
custom audio ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2007 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  

Also note that the sole reason DEI reccomends the 529T for the sunroof is because that is all that is required...it saves you money as the 530 costs more. But it doesn't mean you can't use something else if you are doing something different..like leaving the sunroof open when you arm the alarm. It does not mean you can't use a 530T or any brand or model module you wish...trust me on this one..the alarm simply sends out a low current negative signal to tell the module when to activate...the alarm system itself has no clue what model (or brand for that matter) module it is controlling.

So..if the installer for whatever reason can not get the 529T to do what you want...but can with the 530T...I would go that route...the alarm will not know the difference regardless.

I hope this cleared things up for you...

Custom Audio
Lynbrook NY
creed2k 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2007 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
yeah IF i have to i will get the 530T, but as for u telling me to ask the installer if it is set up for controlled duration, what exactly does that mean? (i like to know what i am talking about before i mention it to the installer) so please explain it as best u can to someone who isnt overly car alarm inclined, thanks!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic