icon

529t sunroof module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
custom audio ny 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2007 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  

OK..this is an easy one since I have a 529T right in front of me..manual in hand..however it does not guarantee you will understand it..but here goes...

Under the section titled "operation mode"....The 529t can operate in either controlled-duration or full-travel mode.

Controlled duration operation stops the window (in your case a sunroof) travel manually if desired.

Full-travel mode, once initiated, operates the window (once again in your case..the sunroof) until full travel is reached.

Now I am not sure what was done to get your widows to operate the way you wanted....either the alarm system that is controlling it is programmed to operate the module as such..or the 530T has a way to be programmed to do this. That is why I recommend you talk to the installer.

Now if I was to make an educated guess...there are 2 possible scenerios. One is that only the 530T can do this (I do not have one in stock or I would check this for you..sorry) or that the 529T can do this and it is only a matter of having the installer set the module up..it most likely has to do with which wire from the alarm they used to activate the module.. or it is getting a negative feedback on its activation wire..in which case it can be doide isolated. I would need to speak to the installer or find out how they did the wiring for any more useful info to be given.

Custom Audio
Lynbrook NY
ASE/MECP master certified
creed2k 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2007 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
ok good info... based on what i know and what u've told me it sounds like it is set up to be in "full travel mode" because i really cant imagine that DEI would have their 530T be the only one able to stop the windows while traveling. As far as i know, the alarm brain is what tells the windows to NOT go up if lock is pressed within 5 seconds of the windows going down... so if thats the case then the 529T should be fine there... i'll find out monday i guess cause i have an appointment with them to see whats up. Thanks for all the info!
custom audio ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2007 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
No problem..best of luck and keep us posted.
Custom Audio
Lynbrook NY
creed2k 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
OK i just got back from the installer and he could NOT get the 529T to do what i wanted so he called directeds help line and they said the 529T will not do what the 530T does with keeping the windows down if arm is pressed within 5 seconds. Now what are my options for using a 530T on a sunroof? cause the directed guy on the phone said you CAN NOT use a 530T on a sunroof cause it will keep the motor going (kinda sounded wrong to me since the module SHOULD detect resistance and cut off the motor the same as it does on the windows) so can you clarify that for me? cause he said the 530T is the only module that does what i need this to do so thats my only option, but he's saying it wont work, any info on that?
custom audio ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  

Ok..at least we are getting somewhere.

What I need from you is to post the year make and model of the vehicle.

I will also need to read a manual from a 530t..I believe the current limiting shutdown is fully adjustable on those so if going to the motor as it should be..I can't understand for the life of me why the DEI tech said the 530T would keep the motor going ... I need to look into this a little further before advising.

Custom Audio
Lynbrook NY
custom audio ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  

I was able to pull the 530T manual online. Near the end of the manual it states they "recommend" using a 529T but it really doesn't tell why or if it is impossible to use a 530T. Strange because the 529T is also a window module..it is NOT designed specifically for sunroofs.

I still would like to know the type of vehicle since there may be some extenuating circuimstances with that particular sunroof ..but I can't imagine that one window module from another would know the difference.

You might need to find an installer that is a little more adventurous...if you came into my shop I would figure out how to do what you want if it is not a hazard. And since the 529T can operate the sunroof safely...I am still perplexed why DEI would say it can't..well not DEI...just the tech you spoke to who answers phones....he may not be a rocket scientist...lol

Custom Audio
Lynbrook NY
creed2k 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah i figured he didnt know what he was talking about, as for my installer he did mess around with it for a while so i cant blame him, but as of now from what i know i think that the 530T should work and would probably be the best route to go, this is for an install on a 99 Eclipse, the 529T works absolutely perfectly except for the fact that it closes when armed no matter what. Any other advice u can give me before i order a 530T?
custom audio ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  

I can't imagine there being any problems..however..you might want to ask around a little more..or perhaps another member who has used a 530T on a sunroof can tell us if the motor kept running..but that sounds absurd to me.

Good Luck with it and anymore questions feel free to ask.

Custom Audio
Lynbrook NY
creed2k 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
I PMed another member that i saw had a 530T running his sunroof, but he hasn't got back to me..
the biggest reason i don't see any issues using a 530T is because on the windows the 530T stops pushing them up when it senses resistance, why wouldn't the sunroof stop the motor when it senses resistance too?
custom audio ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  

I don't think the question should be "why wouldn't the sunroof stop the motor when it senses resistance too?" but rather why wouldn't the 530T stop powering the window motor when it senses more current draw..which would by all common sense in power window module design it should do.

What happens is as physical resistance is placed on the motor..such as when it has reached the end of it's travel..or if an arm is caught in it etc..this causes an increase in current draw...the module senses this and shuts down.

That is the reason why I can see no safety concern in using a 530T for a sunroof..a motor is a motor. I would call DEI myself and ask but fear the same tech will answer.

The good news is you know at least one other member has used a 530T for a sunroof..so regardless if he gets back or not..we know it is possible.

Custom Audio
Lynbrook NY
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic