icon

529t sunroof module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
creed2k 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
Right, i think i will go ahead and buy one of these modules and see where i can get it to go from there. I'd say the only reason DEI "recommends" a 529T is because a 530T is kind of overkill if you are only powering ONE motor, but in this case it is what i need. Again thanks for your help and i will post back with the results after i try the 530T in there. If you come up with anything between now and when i post back please put it up here so i am up to date with any extra info. Thanks!
custom audio ny 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  

Will do...and I also believe as I stated earlier as well.that the recommendation of the 529T over the 530T was a matter of cost effectivness...not a matter of compatability..In all but your partcular case..a 530T would not be practical and a 529T is all that is needed.

I think because this "tech" read somewhere that a 530T is not nessecary or recommended..it was easier for him to assume it was forbidden to use..rather then getting off his lazy duff and maybe doing a little research for you. Sad..but I have found recently that the tech line there is really becoming a lazy ,unknowing bunch. If they need to move more then a few inches to help you...it's easier for them to say "it can't be done" and take the next call.

I called them myself a few weeks ago about a factory interface and for the life of me I could not get the "tech" to understand that an interface is NOT a bypass module...I got an "I don't know",,,theres your tech line for ya, they used to be better...must be cutting costs in that dept. I guess.

Custom Audio
Lynbrook NY
ASE/MECP master certified
creed2k 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah thats about it, although thats customer service/tech support almost anywhere now sadly...
custom audio ny 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  

I know..pretty soon we will just be transfered to someone in India reading off a list..oh wait..that happens already..ever call customer service about an XM or Sirius problem???

No matter WHAT you tell them..it's always the installers fault and they say to bring it back to the place that installed ut...but..they are totally lost when I tell them I am the "place" that installed it. Yes..it's sad.

Custom Audio
Lynbrook NY
ASE/MECP master certified
OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 2:17 AM / IP Logged  

HI creed!

I did reply to your PM, but I will also answer here.  That DEI tech does not know what he is talking about and most probably was reading a script.  Custom audio is correct. A motor is a motor. I have been using the 530T on my sunroof with ZERO problems. I installed it for the same functionality that you wanted...to be able to to hit the sunroof channel button, THEN arm, and still have the sunroof open.  Of course, I only do this in front of my house or when the car is in my plain sight.

Good luck!

creed2k 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged  
OK great info, i guess since u posted here you can just answer my last question here for future reference for others.. (ignore my PM)
what kind of car did u install the 530T into? and is it a vent then slide kind of sunroof? and did you have to change the dip switches at all to get it to cut off after the sunroof is completely closed?
creed2k 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
OK i just got back from the installer and i dropped the car off to have the 530t installed... they said it was a no go, he talked to 4 different people at DEI and they all told him if he installed it, it would burn up the sunroof motor... what should i do?
OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2007 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  

Creed,

I don't know what to tell you. I had it in my 1991 Honda Accord for 2 years with no problems. (I yanked it out when I sold the car.)  The sunroof had no tilt function.

I plan on installing the same 530T in my 2003 Chevy Tahoe's sunroof, and I have no worries about doing so.

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 30, 2007 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  

When using an automated 'window' module with a sunroof you need to make sure you are interfacing directly with the sunroof motor wires, and NOT the switch wires.  Obviously the switch current won't change at all at the end of travel if there is a 'smart' sunroof control module in the car (and most cars have them).

Have you thought about removing the (-) when armed wire from the close trigger and using an AUX output to control when the sunroof closes.  This will give you a bit more flexibility as to when the sunroof closes.  I, personally, would hate for my windows and sunroof to close EVERY time I armed my alarm.  I like to leave my windows vented a bit.  You could hook both the windows and the sunroof up to an AUX channel and have them close only when you push the AUX button.

Kevin Pierson
creed2k 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2007 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i've th ought about that, but i just dont know if thats the route i wanna take, cause locking the car and having the windows close is a good way to never forget to close them... but i guess thats my only other alternative, so i'll think about that
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic