icon

adding relay for aux output on python 460

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
signal63 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
orange white wire is a 12v...pink is going  back out to the factory output wire..everything on the horn works fine, but its just when you do the auxiliary on the alarm, nothing happens..i didnt meter that wire coming from the alarm so ill do that when i get a chance again to work on my car
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
That wire coming off the alarm may be programmed to do a positive charge -- that's why the neon light was going off .. perhaps you have to program it to reverse the polarity -- otherwise you'll have to use a relay to reverse the polarity.
The search function is your friend.
signal63 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2007 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  
it is throwing a positive charge...i had to reverse the polarity originally because the alarm throws a negative..i asked my boss and he said i should take the wire coming from the alarm and tag the horn wire at the steering column because it is negative at the steering column..should i do that?
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2007 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  

yes .. that's the way to do it -- if the alarm throws a negative charge .. you need to hook it to the negative charged horn wire -- if that's the one in the steering column -- you're good.

The search function is your friend.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic