icon

wiring compustar 2wss as, '97 240sx

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nos240 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  

hey guys, im trying to install a compustar 2wss-as on a 97 240sx with a manual tranny. i was wondering if anyone have any wiring info on it, pretty much the whole installation. i've searched but didn't come up with much. any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
Vehicle Wiring Information:
97 240
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
nos240 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  

thanks for the reply. i'm also a bit confused on one of the relay. the one with the blue pigtail. i'd imagine it goes to 2nd starter as 2nd ignition and accessory is not available on 240sx. also with the compustar 2wss-as, is it necessary to isolate the accessory wire? this is what i been reading on a couple of posts.

dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
hmm it didnt post for some reason.
but yo you have second starter on that car bro
2nd starter BLACK/ green + polarity (ingition harness dude)
"dont ground out!"
nos240 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  

thanks dswift, so no 2nd ignition and accessory correct? do you have the rest of the wiring info for the 2wss-as on 240sx by any chance?

thanks

nos240 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  

got most of the wiring hooke up. got a couple more ?. how do you guys wire up the status output on the compustar. the instruction said connect to transponder or vats module. i don't have any of this. also, i'd like to have the driver priority unlock, how do i go about wiring up the 2nd pulse unlock for the 240sx?

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
You don't need to hook the status output up to anything. As for the drivers door priority, you are better off leaving it as is.
nos240 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  

thanks, but just out of curiousity how would i do it? i searched and found a lot of people wiring in relay(s) to driver's door actuator for drivers priority. i have the factory smart entrance unit on the 240sx, i believe there's built in relays inside the unit and all central lock switching is done internally. how can i make this work?

thanks in advance

nos240 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2007 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  

i been trying to get the turbo timer on the compustar to work. after numerous attempts, it will not work. i have programmed turbo timer to on several times. when i pressed number 3 and 4 button on remote for 1/2 second as per instruction, the turbo timer indicator does not appear on the remote. after setting reservation mode and hand brake, removed key from ignition, get out of car, closed door and car shuts off. no turbo timer. i also disconnected the unit and plugged it back in and try again, still no turbo timer. i have replaced battery and programmed remote as well, no luck.

if all else fails, i do have a greddy turbo timer. does anyone know how to make it work with compustar without triggering the shock sensor as it counting down.

thanks

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 29, 2007 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
Try getting the car into reservation mode, and before you open the door, hit the start button on the transmitter.....then get out. See what happens then.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic