icon

Autopage or Compustar

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
weiweiwei 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2003 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  

i dunno if it's onboard shock sensor or not, but its this black square and its both shock and glas..and u plug it with this wire straight into the brain

hmm..so u suggest it's a pinched wire also...i'll take it the installer in a few days to get that checked out..for a typical car with autopage..how far can u go and still transmit signal to the car??

the guy Ap1-f20c  has a 5-speed so i think he doesan't want remote start on that

yo Ap1-f20c  if u dont need remote start and if my range is caaused by the antena, and i fix that, u wanna buy mine?  i got warranty from boyz club for the product but installed somewhere else...u'll save alot dude

reason i want compustar now is because it has the reservation mode so it's a safety thing for remote starting a 5-speed...the autopage was never meant for 5-speed if u want remote start so im kinda scared...

Ap1-f20c 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2003 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  

weiweiwei.. I'll let you know over revscene. I'm getting a quote on the Compustar from Vader.

I did a few searches on this forum and a few others and as it turns out you're not alone with the bad range. It seems to be a common problem with the autopage. Some even went as far as adding an extra coxial attenna just to get a better range.

I have a 6spd and the car is always parked inside. I have a habit of leaving it in 1st gear when I park. Remote starter is a definite no no for me. It'll cause me more headache.

weiweiwei 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2003 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

hm..i did a search in this forum and couldn't find anything on bad range with ppl...i thought i'm the only one.........

my friend got a compustar from vader for $900 and its a pretty basic install with remote start..but weird thing is they didnt' install the windshield knock sensor and funny thing my friend doesn't even know theres such thing and they never told him, plus no instruction book, no box,

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2003 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
Just curious, what do you need good range for if you only have an alarm?  If you are concerned about being notified when you are away from your car, the signal goes farther when it is coming from the car. 
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2003 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
what other forum did you search that had bad info on autopage??
weiweiwei 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2003 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  

yea i want to know too Ap1-f20c, where else have u searched??

i just done a serach in 12volte entire all forums, and only came up with this thread that says they need range, but it's a diff alarm

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/display_topic_threads.asp?...

i hope you weren't referring to this thread about ppl going coxial to extend range...

im pretty sure autopage doesn't sux, since nobody have this problem except for me, i have tinted banner on my front windshield, and factory doesn't have any tint..i added it myself...and the antena is mounted on top right corner of windshield, which means right on top of the tint...

and my 2000 prelude has built in antena for radio and thats mounted on the rear glass in the inside...

could tint or that antena be interference with signal and reception??

maybe i should try mounting it on the bot right corner of windshield...or bot left..probalby wouldn't try top middle..cuz of tint..hm...that's probably going to be alot of work for the installer guy..to move it down there??

weiweiwei 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2003 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  

i was considering turning off the code hopping feature to increase range..but was reluctant to do so...thieves hm...don't think they that hardcore anyways are they?

ActiveTuning 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2003 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
securinu wrote:

or you can try this it is identical to the autopage system

http://www.magnadyne.com/index.cfm?MasterAction=Item&InvMasID=8868&Web_Catid=136

and by the way compustar  sux  @ss

email me for pricing

securinu@attbi.com

www.securityconcepts.biz

Why do you think it sucks ass?

weiweiwei 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2003 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
yea why does it suck? im swapping my autpage 750 for a compustar
does the compustar have the ignition controleld door lock problem like the autopage?
compustar remote doesn't have a clock right? does it beep louder than the autopage when it's paging??
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2003 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
compustar sux cause there product is junk the remote are huge dont get the range they say and there defective rate is 75%. and why are so many people concerned over the ignition locks . we call them bitch locks cause only old women get them. how hard is it to press the lock switch if you wan them locked . if you are scared about where you drive maybe you shouldnt drive there. just my $.02
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic