icon

my first aps997, 2001 gmc sierra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
butcha 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2007 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  

im so use to doing dei, well my friend has a 2001 gmc sierra and he wants me to put in the aps997 and ive never installed prestige and was looking at the manual and it got me a lil nervous to me it looks like a lot more wires need to be connected then a dei alarm any advice  would realy help me out im probably just worried about nothing well wish me luck hopefully u guys will hear from me tuesday after the install .

i got him the 457gw but looking at the 997 i see it has a lot more inputs and outputs then dei so my question to the master installers is..

1.the blue/white (-) input gnd when running on the 457gw gets connected to which wire on the 997

my friends call me butcher i fear no wires that dont belong.......................
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 15, 2007 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
The 457 will do the passlock bypass, but not door locks in that year truck. The Prestige pieces are very nice and very reliable. Just take your time, it's an easy truck, you should be fine. The light blue ground out while running is the wire you would connect to the bypass' status input.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2007 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
Twelvoltz is correct in regards to the light blue wire would be the remote start input wire.  When I first installed this system in a car I actually wrote down what wires are needed for the system to work(I'm a DEI guy).  For example if the door trigger is negative I would write it down and look in the manual for which wire that would be.  The difference I saw between this and a DEI alarm/remote start was the parking lights.  The white w/red trace wire needs a positve or negative feed.  If your vehicle had positive parking lights then connect that wire to 12v and connect the white wire of the alarm to the lights.  If it was negative connect the white w/red trace to ground and the white wire to the light.  Remember an alarm is only as good as the installer.
butcha 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2007 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
THANX GUYS THAT REALY HELPED A LOT WHEN I STARTED LEARNING (WELL STILL LEARNING) IS THAT ALL A REMOTE START IS JUST A COUPLE OF WIRES EXTRA.. LOL! THANX GUYS.. 
my friends call me butcher i fear no wires that dont belong.......................

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic