icon

remote start on an ungo6000

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joeydada 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2007 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  

ok, I think i have  decided on the ungo 6000 alarm with the remote start. At $200, the price is right for a quality alarm with all the features I want.

Q. Will i need any additonal relays or anything to install the remote start in my 05 ranger.

thnx

2006 xlt ford ranger
joeydada 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2007 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  

will i need to purchase a bypass module seperatly?

2006 xlt ford ranger
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2007 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  

Diodes for your door triggers it your adding an alarm and it seems like yes you do need a bypass.  you can use a KEY-OVERRIDE-SL or KEY-OVERRIDE-SL2 distributed by crimestoppers.  DEI has the 556SW or their 1100F.

captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2007 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, you will need to purcahse a seperate bypass module
and some diodes for doortrigger
05 Ranger Diagram
How to Diode Isolate
Dont forget, diodes allow neg to flow from band-side to non band-side.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
joeydada 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2007 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  

will a 1N4004 diode suffice?

Also im using domesupervision for trigger so i guess i will need just one.

I will put the diode in tomorrow because the door trigger is false alarming on my pager,but being bypassed so no alarm is sounding. I installed the shock sensor, which is built into the brain unit in my dash due to limited space in my 05 ranger ijn console below my stereo unit. I have not been able to set off the shock sensor yet even when the nob is turned to max. If i arm the system while im inside the truck, shouldn,t the sensort go off when i am physically shaking it?

Is the false door trigger stopping the sensor from working?

2006 xlt ford ranger
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2007 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  

The reason it is falsing is probably because of the dome light delay.When you arm the system, the alarm sees the domelight wire and thinks a door is open. As for the shock, it's exactly what it says it is, shaking is probably not gonna do anything, it has to see a shock.... i usually test with drivers window, or A pillar...be careful not to break the window or dent the A pillar. It might be that the system is bypassing all zones until the domelight goes out, so arm it and wait for about thirty seconds, and then try it.

joeydada 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2007 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  

i have tried waiting for domelight to go out and pushing my truck side to side(it really gets moving) to no avail. Im kindaof thinking that perhaps maybe the shock sensor and door trigger on on zone 1 , and because zone one is being bypassed due to false door trigger, shock sensor is not working.

only logic i can think of

2006 xlt ford ranger
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2007 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Pushing the vehicle is not gonna cause the shock sensor to activate. A shock sensor needs to see an actual (shock). That's why i said be careful of how hard you hit the vehicle. I use the drivers window, cuz i've seen too many dented A pillars. Just make sure it is completely rolled up, and it should not take much of a hit to get a warn away or full trigger.
joeydada 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2007 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  

thnx

2006 xlt ford ranger

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic