icon

loud whine, local audio shop can't fix.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
econobox 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2007 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
The amp is on a custom MDF rack in the trunk. It is grounded through the floor of the trunk on a hole that I drilled and sanded all the paint away.
maliboom 
Copper - Posts: 111
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2007 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  

If your RCA's are in the "sub out" connections of the deck, move them to the "rear out " connections. This worked on mine because of a fault on the deck. And if you want an Eclipse, PM me I have 5 laying around that are last years models for cheap.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 21, 2007 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
Do what Rob said (forbidden) Take the pioneer deck out......and your noise will vanish...........He speaks from knowing this to be true, as do I. Replaced a pioneer DEHP6800mp, with a JVC of all things...noise gone.
dre187 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2007 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
pioneer is known for engine noise issues. sometimes they give noise just from a basic deck install. just rewire another deck up and test it. one other thing i might suggest to check is if the RCAs are directional. they may be backwards. if a directional RCA is wired the right way, they help to reduce noise. good luck buddy
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
we had this problem last week with a pioneer 7900. put another brand radio in and no problem. don't know what's up with those decks. if you must keep the deck, i would say either use speaker level inputs or a line out converter on the pioneer
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  

dre187 wrote:
one other thing i might suggest to check is if the RCAs are directional. they may be backwards. if a directional RCA is wired the right way, they help to reduce noise.

So-called "directional" wire is hocus-pocus BS.  No such thing except in the minds of some marketing geek who needs to find a way to charge you $200 for a $2 piece of wire.

Support the12volt.com
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  

Alright, your RCA negatives just need to be grounded correctly, to make-up for Pioneers' crappy design.

Get some XLN (Xtra Low Noise) RCA's from Monster, or any RCA cables that have a wire that is connected to each RCA negative and is grounded -by installer.

Or for the cheapo-way to go about this (which I recommend) is to simply solder a wire to each RCA negative contact (the outside ones, Whew!), connect all together (either 4 or 6, depending if you're using sub-out) and ground out.

Anyone know if Pioneer intends on fixing this?

2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
jmelton86 wrote:

Alright, your RCA negatives just need to be grounded correctly, to make-up for Pioneers' crappy design.

Get some XLN (Xtra Low Noise) RCA's from Monster, or any RCA cables that have a wire that is connected to each RCA negative and is grounded -by installer.

Or for the cheapo-way to go about this (which I recommend) is to simply solder a wire to each RCA negative contact (the outside ones, Whew!), connect all together (either 4 or 6, depending if you're using sub-out) and ground out.

Anyone know if Pioneer intends on fixing this?

Same design flaw for the last 5 years and so far they dont seem intent on fixing it.

double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  

Sounds like they like the bad rap, to me!

2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
5 years is being too nice, try since day 1. This problem goes back to the very design of their primary circuits. I dealt with these same issues 20 years ago now. The bigger issue is this. While people on this site and others may be the exception, the others are the rule. In this case the rule has about 75% or more of the market vs. 25% for the exception. This is all about the $. It will cost Pioneer far too much money to redesign the circuit to please the 25%. Think about it for a sec, how many times have you read or heard about noise with just a cd player and no outboard amplifiers. Those people are the 75%. Pioneer is not going to change the circuit design any time soon.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic