icon

05 nissan frontier bcm and 70.5x alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  

I have an 05 frontier and I am going to be installing a clifford 70.5x in it. I have had experience with alarms before but I have never done a car with an BCM. Any precautions I need to take?

Also, how about the lock/unlock wiring? I have all the diagrams but I am unsure if I just tap into those wires and nothing else. I have lock motor and unlock motor wiring on the diagram, what is this for?

Anyone has done one these before? any tips? Thank you.

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2007 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
Get a CAN-SL2i and it will provide you with PATS bypass, door locks, hood pin, trunk pin and release,  and door triggers.  All you have to connect to the car are two data wire from the CAN-SL2i to 3 pins at the BCM and it will provide all those options not to mention bypassing the factory immobilizer if it has one.  After that all you need is to connect the factory alarm/disarm and the CAN-SL2i also has a method to control that too in the diagram.  The last thing you would do is connect your relay pack and you should be done in no time..the link to this is CAN-SL2i
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2007 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  

So I will still use the 70.5x but I would not have to connect any of the other wires like parking lights, dome supervision, door locks and triggers?

enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2007 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
you would connect your wires from the alarm to the can-sl2i instead of actually looking for wires in the car.  For the parking lights, and dome light you would go to the car but the locks, and door triggers are right on the can-sl2i. The 2 data wires your tapping into control all those functions. The can-sl2i is basically translating the commands through the data wires which make a real clean install plus no extra key needed!!!!!!
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2007 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  

that sounds like a nice idea, how much is it?

I don't have the key sensor in my truck so that is not needed. would it control the remote start aswell?

enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2007 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  

Its really really clean if done right.  All wires taped up and looking stock.  It bypasses the system if it has one, and no it would not control it.  Either way hooking up the relay pack is way easier then looking for your other wires because they are right there at the ign harness.  As far as I know crimestopper distributes them and compustar in the US because Fortin is a canadian company and makes it easier for them.  I get them for a modest price but well worth all the hastle that one gets with alarms sometimes.  I would doubt it would be more the 100 bucks maybe much much less.

wire4veins 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2007 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
I Datalink also makes an all-in-one unit. That is what I use, very nice product. You can probably find them on Ebay for usually under a 100 like enice said. The are the only way to go, well worth it easy and clean as mentioned.
www.idatalink.com
Part #ADS-AL CA    I Datalink All in one with CAN
wire4veins
"D"
Precision Autosound - Owner
MECP Master Installer
wire4veins 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2007 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
Contact me if you need more info on them or can't seem to find any units I Datalink or not for a decent price.
wire4veins
"D"
Precision Autosound - Owner
MECP Master Installer
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2007 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  

I am looking at the wiring diagram of the datalink and I am confused. So I would do all the conections at the datalink from the 70.5x and them how many wires total I will conect to the car itself?

Does the datalink send power to the alarm?

Would I have to cut into the starter, power, accesories wires at the steering colum?

Thx

enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2007 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  

well yes you would need to cut your starter, and tap into the ign haress power, ign and accesory with your relay pack.   as for the data modules wirevains and I are talking about it would require you connecting most of your alarm wires to that .

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic