icon

2000 Toyota Sienna Door Lock Issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mlaurenza 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
I am working on a 2000 Toyota Sienna Mini Van. The r/s has been in the van for about 5 yrs. and was working excellent. Now it will not lock the doors. The r/s is sending grnd. to the door lock wire which is blue w/white. The problem I think I am having is the door lock wire is now showing ground all of the time. Could the key switch in the pass. door be bad? Also the factory alarm goes off even if I unlock the door with the key...
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
mlaurenza,
Let's make life simple here. Take all your lock/unlock wire off from the vehicle that is connected to the unit. Now, take the arm/disarm wire off that is connected to the vehicle from the remote starter unit. Access your problem from here. Does the lock work on the door now that you have no connection to the vehicle? Does the factory alarm function normally? Hopefully this will help guide you to pin point your problem.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.2000 Toyota Sienna Door Lock Issue -- posted image.
mlaurenza 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
I diconnected the r/s door lock/unlock wires from the vehicle. The rocker switches work fine. With the r/s diconnected the door lock wire is still showing ground all the time. No, the factory alarm does not work right either. When I unlock with the key in door the alarm goes off. I can only disarm the alarm when I stick the key in the ignition and turn it on. 
mlaurenza 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
After re-reading my original post I admit to making somewhat of a mistake. The r/s only sends a ground pulse to the lock wire when the transmitter button is pressed. I am sorry for the confusion.
thepencil 
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
So, what will not lock the doors? The keyless remote control or the door locks control?
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.2000 Toyota Sienna Door Lock Issue -- posted image.
mlaurenza 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  
The r/s remote will not lock the doors. I dont know about the factory remotes because the customer dont remember where he put them. The thing that got me baffled is the fact that the door lock wire in the pass kick is showing ground all the time. I have never seen a wire, that takes a neg trigger to activate, rest at ground. Thats what makes me think that the pass door key switch is bad. This is a little far fetched but the customer cleaned the engine bay the day before this problem occured.
thepencil 
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
What about the switch control at the door? Do they function correctly? Otherwise, this is non related to the remote starter unit.
mlaurenza 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
Yes both door switches, that are mounted on the door panel, work correctly. I know the problem is not the r/s. When I disconnect the output wires from the factory wires the output wires do not show ground until I press the transmitter button.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
What kind of r/s is it??
mlaurenza 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
Crimestopper RS900
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic