icon

1999 Chevy S-10 Factory Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Stangslvr 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2003 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  
Since white seems to be having fun with his alarm....try this buddy hook a 1.5k resister on the unlock wire and hook both the lock and unlock wires from the alarm to that white wire in the drivers kick. If that doesnt work, switch the resister to the lock wire. That car has a one wire lock switch system. Have fun!
underground 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2003 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
The truck is used and the wehicle was set in valet mode. When I was messing with the alarm I took it out of valet mode,now it arms itself and you have to unlock or disarm just to start it.I have and old alarm that I removed from a customer ride before. Same alarm but it has everything, so I want to hook up the lock/unlock function so the owner at least his keyless entry works. The plug has 5 wires - 1. lock motor, 2. lock switch, 3. Polarity, 4. unlock motor, 5. unlock switch. All i need to know is what wire #3 goes to. Can you help?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 16, 2003 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
If it has that many wires, the alarm has its own built in relays. Do the following to set up the outputs for positive trigger:
Polarity goes to fused constant power
lock switch, unlock switch, are unused.
lock motor goes to the blue lock wire in the car.
unlock motor goes to the white unlock wire in the car.
Phill McCrank 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2003 at 6:48 AM / IP Logged  
that white guy dosent sound very white to me. anyway underground i say pull the thing out and install a whole new system, this thing sounds like its causing more problems than its worth. chris is right about the dealer alarms though.  i used to do them also.  they only hook up what the customer wants, so everything should be there in fact the connections may have already been made at the time it was installed and changed, cut, later when the car was sold.
Phill Bowen
Lead Installer,
Master of all trades.
underground 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2003 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the replys guys you are helping me out alot.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic