icon

airbag light, 2007 vw jetta

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
christopher418 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2007 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  

I installed a remote starter on my 2007 VW Jetta about two months ago. Everything was working fine until this past week the airbag light came on. I hooked up my VAG COM to it and it comes up with code 588, which is drivers side airbag. Now, I have done something like 300+ starters and never had this issue.

I am worried that when I bring it to the stealership, they will say my installation caused this problem to occur. I have checked all of the wiring again and everything seems to be in order. Like I said before, the starter was on the car for about two months and this problem just happened.

Has anyone had a similar situation where the stealership said the problem on the vehicle was caused by an installation issue? If so, how do you dispute that. I mean, if you looked at a schematic you could prove the installation had nothing to do with it. That's barring you didn't cut any of the airbag wires during installation.

Chris

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2007 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
man its always the install according to the dealer........like kartuneman stated earlier in a post you should get a full explanation on how the install caused it and see the faulty part and/or keep it.   We had a guy at another shop that installed a HFK and supposedly drained the battery on a 07 bmw.  Funny how all they did was change the ign of the kit from one ign wire to another and said the problem was fixed.  Cost the customer about 120 bucks.  People who dont put up a fight will always lose, shows the customer how unsure you are about an install you performed.
qdaddy 
Copper - Posts: 133
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2007 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
hey do you still have wiring info 07 jetta rs wires gonna do it friday thanx
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
It's common knowledge you don't turn on ignition with either the door panel removed or the instrument cluster disconnected on Volks. The dealer will reset airbag light.
Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
if you have a vag, just reset the srs module, thats what the dealer will do.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
christopher418 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2007 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged  

I'm fully aware of that. There is a real problem and the code won't reset.

qdaddy 
Copper - Posts: 133
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2007 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
hey jus to follow up i posted questions on this car a few days ago and did it weds afternoon all wires are same from 05 jetta except 1k ohm resistor  on doorlocks instead of 240 ohm and yes all lights flashed not just p lights however back of ignition cylinder is difficult to get the R/S wires must remove the plastic cover and circuit board on bottom of column to access the wires i reccommend disconnecting the battery first and carefully tap into ignition wires then put the module and cover back and  i used 556u with a valet key  to bypass this car can be difficult to take apart but is simple to install/wire the alarm other than that removing the door is easy but getting the park light switch out takes some skill   thanx again and good luck
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2007 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
Aw come on its a VW;  breathe on the mother, airbag or abs light comes on and away it goes to the dealer you're out fifty squid ($100 in your money). It's their horrible software set to glitch and earn income for the dealers! Oh to live in England where car manufacturers get special exemption from EU fair trading laws!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 06, 2007 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
Ya know....I'm not independantly wealthy, and really need to earn all the money I can. BUT....I hate them VW's. Do my best to NOT have to work on em.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic