icon

altenator noise on dvd system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jshea 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
Hello, thank goodness there is sites out here with alot smarter people than I. My Legacy LDVD50 is hooked up and working fine except that I have altenator noise on it when playing, also have a Luxma LMT-88t Fm modulator that when used is really bad. I have wired to my fuse block with everything 01' Chevy Suburban. DIY'er thinks to get a noise suppresor, or try to hook somehow to stock radio/cd player if I could remove it easily.
Thanks Jim
fatherof5
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
I would run the power wires right to the ign harness and then ground both the dvd and the fm mod to the same point [drivers kick panel] GMS are notorious for ground loops...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
jshea wrote:
or try to hook somehow to stock radio/cd player if I could remove it easily.
Thanks Jim
    Shift the vehicle into low and grab the top of the dash with your fingertips and pull to you.
    One of the easiest radios to remove EVER
sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2007 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
there is a product called audio2car that uses the cd changer plug (if your factory radio had one) and converts it to an aux input. Much better sound than FM signal. the price is somewhere around 70-100 bucks. the downside is you lose your cd changer if you had one, and it does not work with all radios. When it works it is pretty cool.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2007 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
Ground all everything in yur video system to one point and run all the power lines through an inline noise filter. Make sure that your battery terminals are clean and tight. Clean the battery where it grounds to the frame just above the drivers side tow hook. Install a RCA ground loop isolator between your FM and everything else. This usually works for me.
sparky
jshea 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2007 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
Hay, Sparkie
Thanks for the advice I think what your are telling me is no matter how well I have grounded my system I am going to have a irratating noise. Chevy's seem to be known for this? I need to order a end for my audio input so I would like to get everything at once. It has been a while since I wired my unit but I think I have my monitors switched powered would I need some filter?? as well on them? I am going to get into my Suburban as soon as the wife can spare it for 6 hours or so ha-ha.
Thanks,
Jim
fatherof5
fatgotti 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2007 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
Dont know if this will help but that vehicles heat and A/c controls are right below the radio I once had a similiar problem and it was because I had the FM modulator behind those controls I moved it and all the wires to it to that little compartment behind the radio up in the left corner kinda behind the speedometer and all the noise just went away..
Fatgotti    Yeah my name is John and I am FAT!! YEAH BABY

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic