the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

gmc 1500 remote start transmission prob.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2007 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
what im seeing here is that a wire is not getting power when remote starting.  Remember, when interfacing a remote start you must duplicate exactly what the key does in the ign, try using a relay and connect an orange wire(-) coming from the relay pack, (its actually a small ribbon) and connect your relay output to the brown wire.  Also make sure your pink/white wire wasnt programmed to act as a acc wire.(it can be programed in valet to either be an ign or acc)
bisdhawks25 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2007 at 3:28 AM / IP Logged  
ok.....i just got gas today....after i filled up, the engine light was off.....so  i tried starting it with the remote and driving and everything works fine now.........its great that it works, but i didnt do anything to fix it, so i dont want it to happen again, what is this problem?!?!?! thanks a lot guys
advancedautosec 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2007 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
ok, my mistake. but if there IS a second acc, brown wire, HOOK IT UP. it cant hurt, it might help. also as enice said check to make sure the 2nd ign output is not set to acc. hope it doesnt happen again.
bisdhawks25 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2007 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
advanced------- i do have a brown 16 gauge wire in my ignition harness, but all the wiring diagrams i have found say i dont have a 2nd acc wire..., but if it is acc, what do i hook it up to?? thanks bro
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2007 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
the small little plug that connects to the relay pack.  with a relay you would connect the orange wire(-) from that small little harness to 85. 86 and 30 to 12v, 87 to the brown wire.
bisdhawks25 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2007 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
thanks, do  uthink i should do it since everything seems to be working? andi was having tranny problems, which shouldnt haveanything to do with the acc. wire...what do  ya think?
advancedautosec 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2007 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  

it cant hurt anything. i ran into a problem a while back on a tahoe where a few months after i did the install the customer called me and said here check engine light was on. i went to diagnose the problem hooked up second acc and problem solved. its wierd that it took that long to cause a problem.

daxton 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2007 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
Speaking of filling Gas.. About 2 years ago up here in Canada Shell changed there fuel formulas and it caused a lot of issues on the GM products.. I know the Jimmy's were affect... Caused lights to turn on and real rough running. The service dpts simply drained the tank and some other 'fuel' things (maybe change the filter) but then were fine after that....
Just an FYI
csorb 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2007 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
I have seen the intermittent problem you are describing several times - specificaly on GM trucks. The problem has alway been a poor connection on the white wire. The installer will test the connection and think it's fine but it really is not. It seems that this white wire must get complete power when powering up initially.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic