icon

windows automation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2007 at 7:03 AM / IP Logged  
if youd like you can download the 5900 install manual and look for the comfort closure feature and see what it talks about. No warning as far as I see.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  

My policy with DEI product is to use a separate aux output (RED / white on DEI) so that owner has to make a conscious effort to close windows, roof etc. Only problem with BMW is that you have to stop the timed output to unlock car, if you make that output switch automatically with alarm you therefore have a problem. Also on MkIII Golf/Jetta unlocking will lower windows if you do it within original set time.

On late E36 you can take this to the level of standard lock with ign/RPM deadlock with alarm and  separate windows and roof (or cabriolet) closing. Just need lots of relays and diodes!

creed2k 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2007 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  
the 530T module is designed to stop pushing the window up once it hits a higher load on the motor (IE when the window is all the way up there is more of a strain put on the motor that is how the module knows to stop) so i would assume that if some kids head, hand, etc. was in the way it would also stop basically to prevent burning the window motor out
customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2007 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
You guys crack me up with how concerned you are with little kids fingers. If you are really worried about it, draw up a liability disclaimer stating that you are not responsible for injuries resulting from automated windows and have customer sign it. In reality, I stuck my fingers in a trailblazer window to see how bad it hurt and it didn't, probably because the new window regulator designs are so cheap and weak, just enough to get the window to roll up and down. Now onto the ACTUAL question my man XJ has been so patiently waiting for an answer to, you better be getting about 5-7 hours in labor for these windows to roll up and down, the window modules from dei are nice and easy to trigger with any unit, and I'm not a compustar expert. Im sure you could do it with just the unit, but the modules would probably be easier. good luck brother
My rifle is my friend...
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2007 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
Yes but but unless you keep a signed copy of that waiver, even then the muck sticks especially if the local press knows. Worst case scenario; install any Clifford with Intellistart into a stick shift explaining manual enable etc. You can tell by the body language the guy isn't listening. You later find that he has been to one of these unscrupulous firms who made the R/S work by joining GREEN/ black to ground chargeing $80 for the privilage. Guess what? He parks on a hill downwards, engine overcomes clutch and parking brake and does untold damage. YOU  the installer are liable. Prove you didn't do it! As it happens I've been doing some insurance company auditing recently and I now bind the cut green blue with blue tape before black. Clifford themselves are aware of this so I have manufacturer back-up. First rule of installation = COVER YOUR ARSE!  windows automation - Page 2 -- posted image.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2007 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
Yes its possible to do with the unit, but its a programed time for up and down. If something does happen to get into to the window it will trigger until its runtime ends. On the other hand with one touch windows I am bettin I could just trigger that. I have the 530t's in stock, probably not worth any liability as everybody is sue crazy, it seems to be the instant response to anything. Thanx for all the input, as always its up to the customer and they decided to do the sound system before the windows automation.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic