viper 791 remote start for 01 prelude

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dis_boi 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2007 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  

2001/98 honda prelude

i am installing the viper 791xv into my car and have successfully gotten the alarm portion to work

as you may know there is an immobilizer in my car so i bought the 555d interface

555d: i hooked the wires up to what i think is the immobilizer because there is nothing else that looks like it..

the green wire from the 555d is to plug into the key sense(blue/white) but there are two blue white ones !!

and i also am having issues with the remote start harness from the viper alarm.. can some one help out with the wiring...

01 prelude -_-
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 17, 2007 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
The keysense shows ground when the key is inserted. It's the wire that sends a signal to the chime when the key is in the ignition and the door is open. The blue/white is not in the same connector as the immobilizer wires.
Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
dis_boi 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2007 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
yea i know that the blue white wire does not go to the immobilizer.    i'll try and see if i can figure which blue white is the right one.  ... i still have to connect the tach wire(where is the easiest location) and a couple other wires
01 prelude -_-
xtremeaudio 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2007 at 5:26 AM / IP Logged  
you may want to try dei 556u much more easy for you
dis_boi 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  

i FINALLY got around to installing the remote start portion of the 791xv     but now my remote is broken because i dropped it in water...  have a couple questions thought

1. siren has two wires. black and red.   red goes to brown h1 connection? black?

2. wheres a cheap place to get a replacement remote. cuz i kno bestbuy is like 80 buxs huh.
3. i forgot any other questions i might of had.

01 prelude -_-
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  

red connects to the brown wire and black to ground.  As for the remote, sorry buddy but even ebay sells them minimum 80.

dis_boi 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2007 at 4:02 AM / IP Logged  
yea thanks enice. but i just checked best buy and its going for over 150 dollars lol i guess my 80 bux was a little off.
01 prelude -_-
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2007 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  

I've seen them sell for 100. Heck I sell them for that price.  150 sounds like too much if you ask me.

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2007 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure where you are looking, but i just ordered one for a buddy tonight for 60 including shipping, NIB off of ebay. The guy has a bunch of listings for this tx. I'm not big on sending someone to ebay, but retail prices on 2 ways are stupid. I just got a tx for my 771xv for $15 versus 80 retail off of ebay.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2007 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  

Tach is a blue lead with a two-way plug coming off engine bay loom near a suspension strut, on UK models it's the driver's side.

Bring the red lead to alarm CPU brown,locally ground or better still bring it back to alarm CPU with a shared ground or join by soldering to black from alarm.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic