icon

2000 mitsubishi eclipse with the infinity

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
swwaltw 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2007 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
I am working on a 2000 mitsubishi eclipse with the infinity sound system.  I am trying to install a JVC deck.I bought a wiring kit from best buy and hooked everything up but the radio won't come on. Any help would be great.
sqsq 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2007 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
you shouldn't have to bypass the amp, I know Metra makes an amp integrator harness for the mitsubishi infinity systems (70-7003).  But I used to work at best buy and we didn't carry it there--so you probably were just sold a basic mitsubishi harness.  If you get that harness I mentioned you'll be set as long as you have two sets of RCA preouts on your JVC.
installmarc 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2007 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
where is it grounded.  there is no ground in the harness
mando2155 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2007 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  

you have to ground it your self.

swwaltw 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2007 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
The jvc only has one set of pre outs the car has a code thing that will not turn on power but I cant get the code menu to come up I do have that metra harness
sqsq 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2007 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  

swwaltw wrote:
The jvc only has one set of pre outs the car has a code thing that will not turn on power but I cant get the code menu to come up I do have that metra harness

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean.  Assuming you have the amp integrator harness I mentioned, you should just be able to wire up the basic square harness for power, constant, accessory and amp turn-on and be done with the power side.  As far as a code is concerned, I don't believe Mitsubishi stereos have codes, but assuming yours does, triggering that code wouldn't in any way cut power to the stereo, it would simply make it so the stereo could not be turned on without the code (and this would be the case ONLY with the stock stereo, not an aftermarket one like the JVC).  The audio side is taken care of with the other cable (the round one) by hooking up the rca's to the amp preouts on the deck.  If you've only got one set of pre-outs on your deck you can still use that round plug/harness, but you would need to get y-adapters (single male rca to dual female rca).  Although this will work, you'll lose fader control, and the sound quality will be lessened (noticalby) because of the y-adapters.

Oh, and if your stock stereo is asking for a code, you can usually find it on a sticker in the glove box, or on a credit card sized card that comes with the owners manual.

tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2007 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
As far as the stock Mitsubishi radio goes on the infinity system, it does have a code, had to get mine by contacting the dealer and giving them the serial number off the radio for the code. As far as an aftermarket radio using the existing factory amp and speakers, no idea on that one. When I replaced the factory deck, I replaced everything so.
sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2007 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
If your ground is good you may want to check your fuses too.
swwaltw 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2007 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
So wire the power harness, plug in the round connector, connect the blue amp/remote turn on wire from the round plug to the jvc harness, plug in the rca connectors to the jvc and I should get some sound, I will try this tomrrow thanks for you help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic