icon

3 batteries and ho alt, necessary?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2007 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
I worked at a high end shop for a while that charged top dollar for top dollar work. They never sold a customer a yellow top. they talked people out of yellow tops. they were not trying to save the customer any money, they were trying to save their reputation. The red tops have been suggested to me by more people with real world knowledge, and the yeller ones by people on commission.
sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2007 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
I take that back... the shop van had yellow tops in it, but that was because they matched the paint scheme. the guy that built that thing was a tool, but it was loud.
wopaim 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2007 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
i see what your saying, i do.  honestly i dont know which one is better.  there seems to be a lot of people saying similar things like what you said but claiming the yellow top.  in my opinion you cant go "wrong" either way but thats not to say there isnt one better for certain applications than the other.  i just thought it was interesting that theres a chemical difference between the two that i didnt see mentioned here.  maybe i missed it i dont know.  but anyway when someone is sitting the fence and ready to pull the trigger and buy a new battery it makes it a little hard because of conflicting testimony.  i thnk the persuaders for the yellow top are because of the warranty.  i was told if it was found out that you have over so many watts in your vehicle and your battery died under warranty that your warranty would  not be honored unless it was a yellow top.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic