icon

validity output for windows

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hurtado_roberto 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2007 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  

I'm installing a 791xv in my brothers 03' 325i BMW and I was wondering where or how I could find the extended triggers to controll the windows and sunroof.

This wire will only close all the windows and sunroof at the same time; you can't have windows go down, right?

Does anyone know what color the wire is or how I can find it with a multimeter.  I heard that it was difficult to take the door panel off so I was wondering if the wire was routed behind the glove box somewere.

Thanks 

Poly Dollies
hurtado_roberto 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2007 at 5:01 AM / IP Logged  
I was installing the door lock buttons and I realized that the wires specified on this web site refer to 5 white and 5 white wires on a harness.  I tested the wires and found that each pair goes to an individual door lock motor.  Do I need to relay all of these together or is there a different wire?
Poly Dollies
hurtado_roberto 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2007 at 6:29 AM / IP Logged  
I was operating the driver side lock motor directly with the alarm and I think it was drawing too much current.  I realized it after I smelled something funny.  I think I burned the brain!  Is there a pair of motor wires that doesn't require relays?
Poly Dollies
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 28, 2007 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
 The diagnostic connector is a round plug under the hood on the passenger side with a round black cap. Cut the boot beneath the plug to access wires.
 LOCK WHITE/ black At general module Pin #20   - 
 : This car is equipped with a anti-theft system that works with a transponder in the ignition key. See our ALARM diagram.
 UNLOCK Blue/red At general module Pin #22   - 
 This wire may require 2 pulses to unlock all the doors, the first pulse will disarm and unlock the driver's door. For remote start you must send a lock pulse after start to re-lock the door. : This car is equipped with a anti-theft system that works with a transponder in the ignition key. See our ALARM diagram.
An extended lock pulse will put the windown up. and an extended unlock pulse will put the windows down. The sunroof..... all the wires needed to control it, are located at the switch.  If you want to know these ....let me know! (unless someone has any other ideas)  Good luck.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2007 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
My friend that setup is super easy.  All you have to do is connect your lock and unlock wire to the wires provided by kartuneman on the general module located behind the glovebox.  After that you would change the setting on the alarm to COMFORT CLOSURE ON.  By default it is off.  Everytime you lock the door the windows will roll up.  A way to test this is to put the key in the door cylider and turn twice either way(left or right).  If the windows move then follow what I mentioned earlier.  For the windows to go down you would have to(if not using a 529T) unlock the door and pulse the unlock again with an additional channel.  If I were you I would use the windows up from the 791xv for windows up and use the 529t for windows down because your friend might want to have the alarm still on with windows rolling down.  Plus, when unlocking the door it will pulsate the dome light if im not mistaken and trigger the alarm if your using another channel.(assuming your not disarming the alarm). Good Luck
hurtado_roberto 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2007 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  

I don't think comfort closure is mentioned in my alarm install manual, but there is an option to change the pulse from .8 seconds to 3.5 seconds.

KarTuneMan, do you have the full wiring diagram for this car from a different source than the one on this website.  I've seen a few differences in diagrams from different sources.

Poly Dollies
enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2007 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
the newer 791xv have it. 
hurtado_roberto 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2007 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  

I'm stuck on what wires to connect for the door locks.  I looked at the WHITE/ black and blue/red but they do not output any voltage when I lock and unlock the doors. 

Is there a better diagram for a 2003 325i BMW alarm install?

Poly Dollies
enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2007 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  

if your using the middle lock switch they will not give any voltage.  The same question was asked to a DEI instructor and he said that its difficult to really test it.  Use an inline fused with less then 3 amps and give it a negative puse to test that wire.  Make sure all the doors a closed and or lock the hinge in the door to make the car think tis closed because with the doors open the car will not lock/unlock

hurtado_roberto 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2007 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged  
I have most of the alarm installed now.  Thanks for the help.  I was able use the remote start with the key in the ignition but I still need to connect the 556u module with the spare key.  Hopefully I get to solder all my wires tuesday morning and finish the install.
Poly Dollies
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic