icon

chdl7 pk2 is it really this easy?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Bigkevin20 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2007 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2006 Dodge Magnum HEMI. Im trying to install a remote start / alarm system. I purchased CHDL7-PK2. Now after reading the instructions I think I should not have to use any relays. And I dont have to cut any wires in the ign harness. If Im not mistaken I just need to connect the CHDL7-PK2 to the can bus +/- wires and all the others to the corresponding alarm interface connectin. And all the remote start stuff goes threw the CANBUS so now ign splicing. If am all wrong please explain.
I did a search on this product and its only on programing.
advancedautosec 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2007 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
no you got it right. there bypasses are great. ive used a couple different ones for GM, chrysler, ford and they all work great.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 29, 2007 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  

I have never used one of these. After doing some reading (thanks to this post) I will NEVER do it the old way....how cool....and simple!

Ya learn something everyday!!!!

green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2007 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
This is true for anything WITH the starter wire in the vehicle. Most of the 2007 Chrysler/Dodge vehicles are equipped without a starter wire and this module alone will not work. Good luck with the install though.
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
Bigkevin20 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2007 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
What do yo mean it wont work what wont it do. Can you go in to detail.
johnmax 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2007 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
Work fine for me on those vehicles (Ram, etc)
customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2007 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
It will work just fine for vehicles w/o starter wire. the only two issues I've had is the purple brown wire on the dodge rams you have to access between the ignition switch and transponder harness. to test for this wire, use voltmeter and watch for voltage change in different key positions, if voltage doesn't change, it's not the right purple brown. also I had to call tech support on a ram that would only remote start if the blower motor was off, but if it was on it wouldn't remote start. I had to run a wire from ground through a 1000 ohm resistor to the + start output to the bypass. this fixed the problem. other than that I had one issue with a dodge caliber where the multiplex wire changed voltage with keysense, so I had to use a relay with the right resistor to trigger the keysense. I know it sounds complex but these bypasses do more good than harm
My rifle is my friend...
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2007 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
Reading your post customak47 you mentioned that you had to run a 1000ohm resistor on the starter which it also states on the installation sheet but you mentioned that you had to tap into the starter output from the alarm with a grounded 1000ohm resistor or  do you run a resistor in line on the starter?  Also the install sheet mentions a 1000 ohm resistor on the ground.  The data is a little confusing.  If you could explain this it would be much appreciated.
customak47 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2007 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  

very simple, I just tapped into my chassis ground from the r/s module, and ran the wire over to the + start output from the remote start with the resistor inline with the ground, not the + start. Then I just ran + start into the bypass, and nowhere else because vehicle has no starter wire, so it terminates there. This gives the bypass a ground reference so it sees the voltage change during crank.

My rifle is my friend...
customak47 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2007 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
tech support also said there were a few rams that would consistently overcrank with this fix, but mine worked like a charm.
My rifle is my friend...
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic