icon

chdl7 pk2 is it really this easy?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Bigkevin20 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2007 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
I am still stuck and can not figure this thing out. I got every thing working now except for the remote start. Please some body help me!!! I have been reading all the diagrams. Now I can get the remote start to act like its going to start. It turns on the acc radio / blower then I hear the alarm click like its trying to start but the ign never turns over. It will try this twice then it quits.
This is how I have the wires on the CHDL7-PK2
Brown to Remote start - output on alarm remote starter
Violet to    ORANGE / White data wire Skim Module
Pink/White to Violet/Brown ign harness
Pink to Pink/green ign harness
The rest of the wires are correct and dont need to be mentioned.
Now its the Pink wire that I think is the problem. I have tried it not connected, I have tried it connected. Also with a 1K resistor to ground and the pink while its conected to the pink/green. Like I said It acts like its going to start but the ign never kicks over. And I had no problem prgraming the bypass. Please help!!!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 10, 2007 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  

http://documents.audiovox.com/701131.pdf

I have no idea if this will help?

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2007 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  
I spoke with trilogix tech support and was told that the pink wire of the bypass should be connected to the output wire of the remote start.  Now, after doing that you would have to tap the pink wire with a grounded 1k resistor.  This is exactly what customak mentioned earlier in this topic.  Also make sure you tach has been learned.
Bigkevin20 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2007 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
I got it working the Pink wire is NOT used if your unit only has a 10 pin, and a 2 pin plug. You must use the starter and Ign wire from the alarm though. I was under the impresion that the unit did it all for you and you did not have to use the alarms remote start wires. Also there must be a 180 ohm resistor on a relay. The tech support I finally got was great this thing took me over a week to figure out thank god its over.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2007 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
I see what you mean.  I am assuming that you connected the a 180 ohm resistor on the 2nd starter wire. What did you connect the starter wire , ign wire to?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic