icon

Command Start 2400 Heater Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Asok 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2003 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  

I have a small problem I was hoping you may be able to help me with.

I have a Command Start 2400. It is installed in a 1991 Mercury Sable with automatic climate control system. Up until yesterday it was working fine. I would start the car and the heater would kick in to warm up the car before I got there. Today the heater stopped working. The remote starts the car fine, but the heater is off until I put the key in the ignition and turn it to the "on" position. Then it turns on.

I know of nothing that has changed. It there something I may have done to the system? I'm hoping you can shed ANY light on this, as I have no one else to go to for this.

Thanks

Dean

asok@shaw.ca

Player69 
Silver - Posts: 504
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2003 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  

The person who installed your remote start probably used scotch locks instead of soldering the wires.  If you look for a black wire comming from the command start to your vehicles ignition wires you will likely find a burnt connector.

Also there are 2 fuses on command starts you should also check them. 

If it is neither of those it could be a burnt relay inside the command start unit.

cruzinlow66 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2003 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
Also, if one of the fuses is bad, don't replace it with a larger one.  Have your installer check to see if there are 2 heater/accessory wires of the same color in the vehicle.  There are 2 wires for a reason, even though both can be powered from just one connected to the remote start.  They both should be powered during remote start to split the load of the heater system.  Don.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic