icon

may set a new record

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
j_darling2007 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2007 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  
Very well said. I am 18 and have gone through 4 stereo systems. Has it been expensive? Yes, very much so. Have I learned a lot? Yes, even more so. I went from a prefab 10" box and a sony sub (every 16 year old's dream) to a full out custom designed system. With WinISD, I designed and built the custom ported enclosure myself with the Kappa 12's. And I installed both amps and the alpine type-r components and 6x9's in my car.
I am truly not saying this to brag. I am saying this to "inspire" will_22_82 to go out and do the work himself. You will learn so much more. Anyone can pay a shop to do the work. For me, it is so much more satisfying to do the work myself. I am not an SPL guy, but I would much rather have a vehicle that does 150's that I designed and built myself than a vehicle that does 160's that I paid someone to build.....
There are 3 kinds of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't
chucksnee 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2007 at 7:09 AM / IP Logged  
will_22_82
What people are trying to say is....In this thread you have (in my opinion and others) asked extremely basic questions. What type of battery do you suggest? That would be 1 time in SEARCH to figure that out.
Now, I am a beginner as you, I troll this board becasue at the time I cannot build a car or system and do not wish to at this time.
Just re-read this entire thread and look at the questions you have asked you may noitice and may not?
Also the questions you are asking, you should not be asking if you are having a shop build your system.
I hope you make 170, doubtful but maybe. Good luck
will_22_82 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2007 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
I have been helping as the progress went along for the vechile and I will continue. As far as the batteries I was deciding between powermaster and kinetik, but I was weighing other options as to what else was being used. I kow that I will not hit 170 at the beginning, but that is our goal. I figure the low to mid 160's at first. But that is why there is fine tuning, getting the speakers to fire at once with no delay in one or the other, directing the pressure once it hits the cab, etc. etc. etc. Its not that I am arrogant as some proclaim by far, but my goals are high. The only thing I lack is batteries right now. I will have 12 to 14 16v to start with, but will need plenty more. Actually by kinetic standard 28 2400 amp batteries to be exact. Others use 10 batteries per amp I am running. As far as proof what do you want me to do stack it all up, point and say there. I have all 12 amps 4 of the 6 gti's right now. My dealer has the money for them but has not ordered them yet. Have the money for the batteries, but still deciding where to go. Both alternators and the regulator. I am not bsing, that would be ignorant to do so. As far as box design I would like to use sixth order, but have no formula yet. If not then it will be fourth. When others here were starting out what questions were you asking I bet they were basic. Also as far as a ford explorer what equipment wew they using to hit there numbers?
will_22_82 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2007 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
Everything is trial and error
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2007 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
Well said Jeff. I wish this thread would just go away.
There is no such thing as free installation!
will_22_82 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2007 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
isn't the idea of this forum to ask questions.
will_22_82 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2007 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
Anyway I apologize if I come off that way. I am just excited about this type of project. My old system would only do a 143.4 in a olds cutlass. I thrive on competing and only hope to eventually hit harder, but only time will tell. True I have paid them for the build, but at the same time I am helping and learning. I have only delt with speakers for a year or less in reality. Just now wanting to understand more and get serious.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 26, 2007 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
Well if the vehicle doesn't set a record   at least the thread set one   106 replies in less than a month
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2007 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
lol... also... where are these pictures.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
zacdavis 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2007 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
You guys wish this thread would go away? Noway, this is the most entertaining conversation in the car audio portion.
I think he'll do good. Like he said, its all trial and error.
Good luck.
again, i've mentioned this 3 times now, tubes;), trust me.
Page of 12

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic