icon

2005 toyota rav4, remote start, keyless

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
USMC Vet 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
I am gonna install a RS/KE in the wifes RAV. It has factory keyless. I know its a negative trigger system,but requires a double pulse. Does the rs unit I am putting in have to be able to be programmed for double pulse locks ? Thanks!        The unit I am putting in is for positive,negative or reversing polarity locks.
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
yes, double pulse (neg) locking is programmable in most newer r/s units.
The search function is your friend.
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
no module needed, then, correct.
The search function is your friend.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Enice, will follow up on Fortin, let' s hope I get there before DEI swallow them up as well! N.B. '04 Rav must have a transponder immob. UK models had them since Jan 97 when it became an EU requirement. 
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
USMC Vet,
1. As the others have said, that's a non-transponder key you have.
I think the RAV4 with transponder key is either a myth, or maybe only available in other countries.
So, no, you don't need a bypass module.
2. The SECURITY light you mentioned in the dash indicates you have a Toyota alarm, which could be dealer-installed, or factory-installed.
-Open the driver's window.
-Close all doors, lock with the transmitter, and leave the car alone for at least 30 seconds.
-Reach in through the open window, unlock and open the door; the alarm should sound.
-Insert and turn the key in the exterior driver door (don't use the remote), and see if you can stop the alarm from sounding. You should be able to.
Provided that the key really does disarm the alarm from the outside, you'll be all set.
Connect a ground-when-running output from your remote starter to the car's keysense wire.
Use the blue / YELLOW and blue/orange wires for the doorlocks......these will arm and disarm the factory alarm, from the aftermarket remote.
USMC Vet 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
Keysense wire,it does need to be hooked up ? Connect it to ground ? I went and had a key made,not a transponder key,and it started right up.
USMC Vet 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
I did what you said about locking the doors with the remote and reaching in window, No alarm sounded. So does this mean just a straight hookup ?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2007 at 1:52 AM / IP Logged  
yes
USMC Vet 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2007 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
I am trying to hook up the ke on the rs unit. When I hooked up the test light to the blue/orange(power lock) it was negative at rest and when i hit the lock switch it went positive for a second. Does this mean I have reversing polarity locks ? Thanks! Please tell me how I hook this up, my unit has a negaive output for the locks.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2007 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
USMC Vet wrote:
I am trying to hook up the ke on the rs unit. When I hooked up the test light to the blue/orange(power lock) it was negative at rest and when i hit the lock switch it went positive for a second. Does this mean I have reversing polarity locks ? Thanks! Please tell me how I hook this up, my unit has a negaive output for the locks.
You have the wrong wire. You are on a motor wire. You need to find the wires that go to the lock cylinder. After connecting your test light to the suspected wire, turn the key in the drivers door. The test light should go to ground.
POWER LOCK      BLUE/ORANGE (TYPE B)      IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, 14-PIN Plug, Pin 6
POWER UNLOCK      BLUE / YELLOW to BLUE/ORANGE (TYPE B) (Requires Double Pulse)      IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, 14-PIN Plug, Pin 13
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic