icon

dropping voltage wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
poorkid 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2007 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
This is TurboR1 My account was suspended for some reason?

Anyway I recieved my pulse width modulator and I believe 1 of these 2 diagrams are how I need hook my pump up but i'm not sure. Right now I have my pump on a relay and toggle switch and don't know what the "DC load" is on the diagrams and I don't know what the 1k thing is on the internal volt setup.

http://www.vellemanusa.com/downloads/0/infosheet_k8004_internalvolt.pdf

http://www.vellemanusa.com/downloads/0/infosheet_k8004_separatevoltage.pdf

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 12, 2007 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  

You want to go with the internalvolt one.  Go to your local parts suppliar (like Radioshack) and pick up a 1K potentiometer.  They have three connections on them - make sure the middle connection (the wiper) goes to the DC In terminal.  Then, wire the the left terminal to ground and the right terminal to VREF (they can go either way, so you can't get them backward). 

Hook your 12vdc up to the power terminals then your fuel pump up to the load terminals.

With this setup, the potentiometer will act as a 'volume knob'.  The further you turn it, the more power it will feed to the pump.

Part number and cost of the unit you got?

Kevin Pierson
poorkid 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2007 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  

I bought the Velleman k8004 kit from hobbytron.com they listed it for $17 but I paid $45 for it to be assembled and shipped. 

I bought the 1k potentimeter like you suggested thanks :) hooked it up today and it works beautifully. now I just need to come up with some sort of protective case for it since its under the passenger seat on my turboed Yamaha R1.

Thanks for all the help everyone! 

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic