icon

name your five top a/s brands.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2007 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
To evolution, I thought DEI products were also made by Liteon, although Epsom denies it. You didn't mention the Italians originally but I must take exception to "same components, same mistakes" remember the fiasco about 7 years ago with Laserline U/sonics? the others didn't  have that problem, also as a no-nonsense basic bullet-proof alarm I couldn't recomend Cobra 3193 more highly. I alsways try and push it over the Arrow Valthough the Viper 1000/2 is quite good.
Evolution-UK 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2007 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
No mate, The DEI products are made by totally different manufacturers.
If youve been in the business for a while you may remember the cobra remote problems a few years ago. The same problem was evident in the Scorpion range as well. Cobra 832 then 6422 were piles of garbage as were the Scorpion 1218t2's. The best, basic, no-nonsense, problem free system is the Hornet 742tu. Great range, good upgrade potential and problem free (for the last 2 years).
Personally i wouldn't touch the Italian stuff with a barge pole. Been there done that and wouldnt do it again.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2007 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
T evolution we are disagreeing about the tgrivia when we agree in principle. I originally had to fit current Cobra product because one of the shops I contract to had a Cobra account. Even then I only rate the current 3193 and I think the Viper 1000 is a better alarm. N.B. I've been using Clifford since Ace, Eagle I days and I still think their product then was more robust than now. The 650 Mk II is good but I've been asking for this spec since the 650 came out! as in give us a 950 with only a prox please and less sensitive hood/door boot contacts. As for using the bitwriter on DEI and Windows on C,liffnet Wiz, no coment. By the way lets call a truc eon this, I'm based N.W. london, where you? We might well have crossed paths. Regards.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic