icon

in search of jbl 1800gti subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
3000dclass 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
Hi there everybody, im new to this site but I'm hoping I can get some help.
Well as you can see I am searching for two JBL 1800GTI subs. If anyone knows of where I can buy some, besides from the JBL website, I would greatly appreciate the info.
I have 3000 pure watts to power my system now, and I used to have two 15" JBL subs in a sealed box w/ 1500 watts and I loved them!! So I thought upping the anty and came across these 18" JBL subs.
Or if anyone here knows of some good subs, 15" or bigger that you would recommend for my 3000 watts let me know, I cant tell how one is really supposed to be so much better then another. But I like that deep bass, and you know, the better the bass when more air is moved, so thats when Im down with the larger surface area subs! Boo-yah!
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
How much you wanting to spend? That should narrow down the search some.
3000dclass 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
Well I would like to spend less then the $399 price from JBL website, that much is for sure. That goes for any sub, cus I wouldnt have $800 dollars for two subs at that price. I was hoping for $3-$400 total for two 15" or 18" subs. I realize thats not much money for two subs of that size and get any good quality. Thats why im so high on the JBL product. I had two JBL GTO 15" 300rms 1200peak with my Fosgate 1500.1bd amp and a 1 farad cap, and the thing sounded so damn good and clean. I dont see how you can beat at most $140 a pop for those subs. I would be open to suggestions for something more expensive though, as long as SQ is as good or better. Also, those JBL 15" subs hit as low as 20hz!Thats so damn low!!
3000dclass 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
Also, now I have two Fosgate 1500.1bd amps good for 3000 watts, so Im not sure if those subs i mentioned would be able to handle that kinda power at 2 ohms. I would have to run them at 4 ohms for 750 watts. Which would be good to not make the amp run as hard, i think thats true anyways?
So I really am not sure what to do with all that power, maybe three 15's? That'd be hard to fit in my Sonoma that it will be going into.
tdsteele 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
With that power and price range, I have no clue. Brands I was thinking of cost that much or more for just one so, guess in my mind if the JBL's have served you well before, may be best to stick with them.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  

Check out this one: http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoustic/products/subwoofer_drivers/CSS_SDX15/

It uses the XBL^2 motor so the SQ is top notch.  Also note the 30mm linear excursion.  I doubt you will find another sub with that kind of performance for even close to that price. 

3000dclass 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2007 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah thats what I was afraid of tdsteele, but let me know what you were thinking anyways if you could.
Steven Kephart - yeah that does look like a bomb sub, high excursion, and 19.2hz! Thats deeper then human ears can hear! My old jbl subs only were capable of reaching 20hz. So yeah, i bet I would like those subs. Doesnt say how much power it can handle though...
tdsteele 
Posted: June 06, 2007 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  

I was thinking of some of the higher end TC Sounds subs, but when I got to checking the wiring diagrams for different ways to go with those amps, wasn't too sure any more, plus the higher end ones aren't too cheap.

Checked out what Steven had put on there and those do look sweet, and I noticed just what you did, whats the ratings for them babies. If those will handle the power you have, price wise I would definately look more into them.

Now going back to the TC's, if you did choose to run the amp at 750 rms, you should definately look at the lower line TC's, have never heard anything bad about them.

http://www.tcsounds.com/tcproducts.htm

Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 06, 2007 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  

Power handling was the only issue I was concerned with on those CSS subs.  I don't know if they would handle the 3 kilowatts of power you have.  The solution of course is to turn down the gains.   in search of jbl 1800gti subs -- posted image.

3000dclass 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2007 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys, I love some of the suggestions. Sorry I havent gotton on here for a couple of days, dunno if anyone will read this thread still, so I'm gonna make another one.
   But I like tdsteele's suggestion, those TC Sounds look like a fantastic company! Ive never even heard of those guys, upon further research of them it looks like they are contracted by lots of well known brands to build their stuff. Anyways, check out this sub from them, http://www.tcsounds.com/tc2000.htm
I'm interested in the 15" TC-2000, I'm thinking about getting two of them and throwing in the x-cab of my sonoma. I want them for the 18hz capabibility! If you know where I might be able to buy those bad guys for less then there listed price on that website, id appreciate that a lot!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic