1985 230e, valet 712t, relay wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
frans-c 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2007 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  

Hi, guys!

A few months ago, I completely stripped my car's (see my signature) faulty vacuum central locking and replaced it with a new Valet 712T keyless entry kit with electric door lock actuators.

I hooked it up for progressive unlocking using a Directed 451M relay. When I press the unlock button on the remote unit, the 712T module unlocks the driver's door. When I press the unlock button again, the 712T sends the unlock signal to the 451M relay unit, which then unlocks the remaining passenger doors. The lock signal is managed again via the 712T unit, which locks all doors. In other words, the 451M module only serves to unlock the passenger doors.

1985 230e, valet 712t, relay wiring -- posted image.

Now, I'd like to add a door-lock switch in my car. Before you all ridicule me for not doing a search beforehand, let me assure you that I have indeed searched and found mostly what I was looking for. However, I couldn't find a thread where somebody hooked up a switch to a system with progressive unlocking. Based on the diagrams that I've found here, I think I'm on the right track with this schematic.

So, this is how I think the relay setup should be to allow my system's progressive unlocking to remain unaffected. My aim with the switch is to unlock ALL the doors when I press the unlock button on the switch and to lock ALL doors when I press the lock button. I have no intention of wanting progressive unlocking with this switch.

Will this relay setup work for what I intend to do? Also, I've included the wiring schematic of a vertically mounted OEM sunroof switch (number 45), which I'd like to implement as the door lock switch. As far as I can tell, I'll use connector 3 as earth, connector 2 as unlock (up) and connector 4 as lock (down), with connector 1 not being used. Can anybody please confirm whether this switch will work?

Thanks in advance!

F R A N S
1985 Mercedes-Benz 230E
320 000 km / 199 000 miles
Full MB Service History
altytruck 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2007 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
looks right but your going to need to diode isolate the passenger unlock from the 451m to the 712t. As it stands now when you hit the unlock at the switch everything will unlock. But as soon as you unlock from the remote the 712 is going to send a signal to driver unlock as well as the passenger. Isolate the feed and it will correct this.
frans-c 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2007 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  

Yes, that makes sense. I only noticed now that if I were to unlock the driver's door via the remote, the ground pulse would unlock all the doors due to the pulse being able to travel through the unlock wire coming from the switch.

Is this better? If I interpret it now, when I unlock the driver's door via the remote, the ground pulse will travel to the first unlock relay, with the diode preventing the pulse from reaching the second unlock relay. Ditto when I unlock the passenger doors. The ground pulse will then only travel to the second unlock relay, with the second diode preventing the pulse from reaching the the first unlock relay. The door lock switch, on the other hand, will still function as originally intended.

Is this correct?

F R A N S
1985 Mercedes-Benz 230E
Full MB Service History
altytruck 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2007 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
i would just use the one on either wire. but for the most you got it
frans-c 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2007 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks a lot for the input!

Finally, will the sunroof switch work for this application?

F R A N S
1985 Mercedes-Benz 230E
Full MB Service History

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic