icon

bulldog rs82 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wawi0069 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2007 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
i bought this model on ebay and used it in a month. after that the module start to make a buzzing noise every time i press the start button and the car won't start. so i thought the module is broken so i bought a new one fresh in the box. so i plug all the wires and the moment that i plug the red wire(12v constant) it's start to make a buzzing noise again and it won't start the engine. i believe it's not the module anymore because it's a brand new. i check all the wires and it's all good no loose wire or anything. my car is 1990 honda civic. i really need your guys. thanks!
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 10, 2007 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  

It sounds like your alarm system doesn't have a very good ground.  Make sure it is solid on bare metal. 

wawi0069 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2007 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the reply... well i already read about the grounds before and did that this afternoon but it does the same. and just to let you know it's a remote start not an alarm system. thank you!
wawi0069 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2007 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
and one more thing... it's not like a continues buzzing. when i push the start button, instead of 3 clicks, it's 3 buzzing noises and then after that no more. i hope this helps to solve my problem... thank you guys!
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 10, 2007 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  

Then the only thing you can do is test all the wiring to be sure everything is hooked up correctly.  Make sure you use a volt meter rather than a test light so you can see that there are adaquate voltage/ground levels. 

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 11, 2007 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  
Checking that the wires are "not loose" is not adequate.
Directly at the plugs running into the Bulldog unit, test each wire, and verify that it is functioning as it should.
With the Bulldog's install manual, and the test light included in the remote start kit, this should just take a couple of minutes.
Once you figure out which wire is behaving incorrectly, it shouldn't take too long to repair/replace the connection.
wawi0069 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2007 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
is the ignition wire at the harness suppose to be grounded? because when i plug the the 12v constant the just the ignition wire at the module it's start to make a 3 buzzing noise. but when i check the pin of the ignition wire at the fuse box, it's grounded. what do you think guys?? thank you!
cneubert42 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2007 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
the ignition wire rests at ground when the ignition switch is in the off position. I would have to agree with the first reply about a bad ground, buzzing sounds are usually relays clicking open and close real quick because the ground is weak. I would also suggest 1 step further and retap your ground, scrape the paint in the kick panel and screw it in there. if that doesn't work try hooking up just 12 volt and ground and see if your buzzing stops.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic