icon

check engine light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2007 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
I have had the cel come on after quite a few gm installs... remote start, amp, deck... and every time the cel has gone off with a trip around the block, sometimes just backing it up out of the install bay. Alot of newer cars get weird when you disconnect power for any reason and seem to auto repair. Land Rover tells you that you have to drive a bit after swaping the batterry to get rid of the brake and cel to go off.
john ogrady 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2007 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
The wounderful check engine light.In my trade as an automotive tech.I have heard lots from people saying the work I did put on their check engine light.In a lot of cases it is not remember after 1997 with OBD II the codes are 4 digit.That's right they are in the thousands thats how many reasons there is for the check engine light to come on.You can easily buy a code reader very cheap now from an auto parts store.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic