icon

rostra cruise problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blueextc 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  

1775 Rostra installed in my 2006 Cevy Cobalt.... eveything working normally until i Needed a warranty repair of the passenger seat airbag sensor wire, and they said the "aftermarket stuff" was giving them problems but they were finding a "workaround"

When i got the car back... the aftermarket windows did not work (found fuse blown) and cruise was now  inop.

Took it back to them to be sure the computer wasnt reset or something, they checked and said it was enabled still (i paid them $85 to do it initially).

So i figured they took out the controller on the cruise.... so I ordered a new one.(plus i lost the manual so I couldnt troubleshoot much)

Got the new one, plugged it in.... NOTHING.

Does anyone know if the cruise can be enabled with a regular old scantool... or do i need the Tech 2 w/Candi module to verify myself that it is enabled?

I did all the troubleshooting, and the unit is sending out the proper voltages when the buttons are pressed for each function.... but the car is not responding.

i would take it to another dealer to verify, but it is 20 miles away.

any other ideas?

Thanks!!

soultinter 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
rostra instructions say must have tech2 w candi for your car
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
The cruise circuits can be tested with the Tech II. The Candi module is required.
sparky
ranger svo 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2007 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  

Mechanics are complete idiots and have no business near automotive electrical systems. They always blame anything aftermarket for any problem they run into. I have put a couple dozen of these cruises in Cobalts and not one problem.

Mechanics should not be anywhere near a Techtool. I had one tell me the BCM was locked and he could not change it. I had to explain to him how to proceed. This happened on four or five different occations.

I am not near my shop, but I will post trouble shooting directions for you for the 1775 by Friday

The moving power of mathematical invention is not reasoning but imagination.
Augustus de Morgan
blueextc 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2007 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  

i got the troubleshooting directions from the rostra website, and everything checks out fine. The proper voltages are being sent to the car, yet nothing is happening.

I even purchased another entire kit thinking they MAY have damaged it, but the second one has the same response.

Thats why im thinking the tech didnt even check that it was still on. I want to take it to another dealer, (but thats another 80.00) and sue the other dealership!! im so frustrated.

I had a dealer tell me one time my brand new car wouldnt be under warranty if anything aftermarket was added to my car. And i asked for that in writing. Needless to say he balked.

Thanks for trying to help.... guess i have to bite the 80.00 if i cant find a local mechanic that has one.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic