icon

window rollup module need relay?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mustang_pumpin 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  

I have installed a pyle security & remote start system in my carnot to long ago and i just purchased a window roll up module to install!! my question is... in my installation book for the alarm wire descriptions for the blue wire it says --

BLUE WIRE - dome light output (-) 500mA. the blue wire can be programmed for use as a 20 or 30 second timed output after either disarming the system (dome light) or after arming the system (window roll-up).                                  - -Dome Light (default): connect to a relay to activate the vehicles dome light.                                                                          - -Window Roll-up: connect to a relay or other device to operate windows modules or other desired features.

i am not sure on if that is telling me a relay needs to be used even with the window rollup module i have or does that mean say if i didnt have the window rollup module then i would need to used a relay to works as the rollup module?? do i need a relay even with the rollup module i have??? and if i still need a relay even with the rollup module, can someone give me a diagram or explain how it would be hooked up correctly!!!

thanks in advance for any help on this everyone!!!

mustang_pumpin 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  

oh and the reason i ask is because in the blue wire description where it says Window Roll-up: connect to a relay or other device to operate windows modules or other desired features. 

its says connect to a relay or OTHER device to operate window modules..... is that other device meaning the window rollup module i purchased??  

phonymike 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  

what window module did you buy? I got the DEI 530T but have yet to install it. the 530T detects when the window is all the way up or down because the strain on the motor, and will then cut the power to the motor. if you were to connect a relay to your alarm and have it put the windows up every time you arm the alarm, then it will power the motor for 20-30 seconds, even if the window is all the way up, thus causing the motor to heat up and eventually leading it to fail.

so yes you can hook that domelight lead up to your module, if it has a ground input that will trigger it to roll the windows up. but do not connect anything to your domelight lead (not even a light bulb) besides a relay or the ground input of your window module. if any device sucks more than 500ma from your domelight lead, then it will cause damage to the alarm. for instance my domelight is a 5watt bulb. 5watts divided by 12volts is about 417ma. my viper puts out only 200ma on the domelight, so I hooked a micro relay up to it, because the micro relay can handle 10amps.

mustang_pumpin 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  

wth i just posted a reply and it isnt showing it!!! damn it i better not have to re type it all!!

mustang_pumpin 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=330-125&Cfid=208220&CFTOKEN=13280884 that is the module i have!!

unit has 8 wires--- PINK = to accessory item, GREEN = left motor, WHITE = left switch, ORANGE = 500mA.activation, BLACK = ground, RED = +12volts, BLUE = right motor, BROWN = right switch

i know all about using just a relay to rollup windows and how it damages motors like you explained... which is why i never did that and purchased this window rollup module!!

so a relay is not needed to hook up the rollup module i have at all??? i should be able to hook up each wire on the module to the corresponding wires in my car and thats all???

mustang_pumpin 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

also.. lets say if i wanted to use this window rollup module to roll down windows upon disarming would i be able to use it for that also do ya think or probably not??

ceasar326 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2007 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  

I have an autopage model AC-78. This one has 15 wires, Becouse its a down and up roll up module. As far as i know on the relay's theres 3 types of window systems. A,B, and C. To find out wat type of system your car has use these steps from my autopage manual.

Type A, The power window control swiches for a type A window system never changes polarity when the ingnition key is turned on. The swiches in a type A system either rest at ground or rest open (no connection). The swiches in a type A system will either switch +12 volts and ground at the same time to achieve up or down window motor polarity, or both wires will be resting at ground and when the window switch is activated, one wire will switch to +12 volts while the second wire will remain grounded (same as a 5 wire power door lock system). In all variations of the type A system, the power window control switches always provide +12 volts output to operate the window motors.

Type B,  The power window control swiches in a type B system change polarity when the ingnition key is turned on. The wires in a type B system will rest at ground untill the ignition key is turned on. Once the ignition key is turned on and the window switch is activated. the window switch will provide a ground signal to the window motor. (Just the reverse of a type A system). For the type B system, two additional relays must be added to reverse the polarity of the switchesd ground output wires.

Typre C. The power window controlswitches in a type C system are the same as in a type A system with one exception. The window motors in a type C system are grounded by the moter housing ans use two different coil windings to run the window motor up and down. Type C window systems are rare nut it is important to make a simple test to insure that the vehicle you are working on does not use the type C window system.

Testing windows

Using a voltmeter, test and locate the Up+ and Down+ wires provided by the window control switches for both the drivers and passengers window.

ceasar326 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2007 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  

To test for a type B window system, turn on the ignition key and Up and Down wires will show ground when the control switch is activated.

If the system you are working with test like a type A system, make another test to make sure it is not a type C system. After you have located the Up+ and Down+ wires for one of the windows, pull the wire plug off the window switch and test the same Up+ and Down+ wires to see if they are GROUNDED. If the Up+ and Down+ wires are GROUNDED when the plug is pulled from the switch, this is a type C system. Follow the wiring for the type Csystem.

Hope this information works for you!

mustang_pumpin 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2007 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  

well im pretty dang sure my car has type a system!! i have a 2001 ford mustang so if i might be wrong maybe u know different?

but my whole question is if i relay is not needed since i have the window rollup module!! i read that the module i have has the auto stop sensing and all so i would think i dont need a relay to hook up the module!!!

mustang_pumpin 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2007 at 4:17 AM / IP Logged  
so where did all my helpers dissappear to now???? no one has posted a reply in a while so whats up?? replies with any tips or help asap would be appreciated very muchh!!! thanks
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic