92 bmw 525i

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
old timer 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2007 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

Guys

got a 525I that keeps popping fuses. power locks 7.5 and windows 7.5. it has keyless entry with the alarm. i installed this 4yrs ago we did have this problem until a month ago. problem: when arming the alarm or disarming it pops the fuses. it's on a some time bases. I have went threw and check all my wiring for shorts I come up clean. have any of you guys ran across this problem with theses cars? if so what didi you do.
The beat goes on
with Smoke-n-Jazz
catering.
Where pork,chicken,beef and Jazz form a great Quartet
in sac town
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 28, 2007 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
So it's the "factory" fuses for windows and locks that are blowing?
old timer 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
yes the factory 7.5s are popping. funny thing is we didin't have this problem before. could it be the factory door lock relays arcing or sticking? aftermarket relays look good I have checked them already. this car is becoming a pain.
The beat goes on
with Smoke-n-Jazz
catering.
in sac town
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  

BMW = pain.....

aftermarket relays look good I have checked them already.

relays for locks?

old timer 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
yes relays to pulse the door locks. pos trig. like I said it has been working fine until about a month or so. now he called to tell me that the windsheild wipers are going when the fuses blow while driving but when he opens the driver door it stops. I don't no where to start looking on this one. and I don't think it's an alarm problem do you, where would you go on this one.
The beat goes on
with Smoke-n-Jazz
catering.
in sac town
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2007 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
I think you've got a bad component or ground on the car's electrics, also lift up back seat and check voltage accross battery terminals with a DMM when you start engine it should be about 13.8v+ after about 15 secs running,  if over 14.5 your alternater needs rectification(I had to do that one), also look at control module at other side to battery, should be clean and DRY.
Installer_mss 
Copper - Posts: 221
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2007 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
BMW, 5 SERIES, 1992, Power Lock

Do not operate locks by remote with door open or deadbolted to prevent possible damage to servos.

Anti-theft plug or module located under rear seat on passenger side. Door wires also found at general module under rear seat on drivers side. Be careful handling this module, as rotating it can cause underseat grommets to suck out, allowing eventual water damage to the electrical system. Domelight supervision wire BROWN / red at anti-theft plug.

"If a man made it, another can modify it...it just takes some thinking."
"If you ask questions, you're a fool for 5 minutes; if you don't, you're a fool for a lifetime."
old timer 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2007 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Guys.
The beat goes on
with Smoke-n-Jazz
catering.
in sac town

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.