the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

04 impala and crime stopper

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
meh66 
Copper - Posts: 266
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
I installed several months ago a Crime Stopper CS2016 and a Databus intregration unit on a 2004 Chevy Impala. This guy seems to think that the install causes all kinds of issues. In some cases it was an issue with unit. For example , I had to replace the antenna one time. The lastest problem is limited response from his remote. I have to hit the lock/unlock button on the keyless entry several time before it works. The battery in the unit is new.
MEH66
"Car Performance and Mobile Electronic Enthusiats"
meh66 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
I forgot to put the question I was asking. I wanted to know if going thru the the databus makes it intermitent?
MEH66
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2007 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
What module did you use? And please expand on the problems he is attributing to the install. Have you replaced the remote for a new one?
meh66 
Posted: July 02, 2007 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
I used the XK01 module. He said the after market alarm will not respond to his two way remote. I tested and it resonds sometime. We replaced battery same issue and I replaced remote it worked well for about a month and than same issue. I will check installation again this week just to make sure.
MEH66
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2007 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  

try replacing the antenna cable also this may have been pinched or partially broken. I found crimestopper 2 ways to have issues like such. some would work great and others would drive me nuts.

meh66 
Posted: July 02, 2007 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for your help. I am beginning to think the same thing about crime stopper.

MEH66
soultinter 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2007 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
that unit sux! lots a trouble w them
Installer_mss 
Copper - Posts: 221
Posted: July 03, 2007 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  

i've only installed a few crimestopper units and i think they are awful.  they are a poorly built unit.  i put a two way remote start on a suburban and the guy has had problems with the remote since the day he got it.  rip it all out and use a different brand...lol

seriously, i think its the remote.  if you don't have any issues with any of your installs of any other brands, then it has to be the crappy CS unit

"If a man made it, another can modify it...it just takes some thinking."
"If you ask questions, you're a fool for 5 minutes; if you don't, you're a fool for a lifetime."
meh66 
Posted: July 03, 2007 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
What other brand(s) do you recommend?
MEH66
Installer_mss 
Copper - Posts: 221
Posted: July 04, 2007 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged  
many other brands range from ok to great.  i have installed more brands than i can remember, but out of all i have worked with i like autopage, audiovox prestige, and viper the best.  i have never ever had a problem with any of these three and have installed more than i can count by now.  never a defect (though it could be possible in the future) and never any R&R's.  as a matter of fact i put a viper on my mom's car 3 or 4 years ago and the only thing i have ever had to do is change the remote batteries...and i personally have had the same autopage in 3 different cars now and it's still like new.  only batteries for the remotes for this one as well.
"If a man made it, another can modify it...it just takes some thinking."
"If you ask questions, you're a fool for 5 minutes; if you don't, you're a fool for a lifetime."
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic