the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

04 impala and crime stopper

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Installer_mss 
Copper - Posts: 221
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2007 at 2:24 AM / IP Logged  
i've also heard good things about compustar as well.  i have only installed 1 that a customer bough and brought to me, but i haven't seen him return for problems so far and it was a straightforward install as well.  i don't remember having to do anything abnormal or add a bunch of crap to make it work either.
"If a man made it, another can modify it...it just takes some thinking."
"If you ask questions, you're a fool for 5 minutes; if you don't, you're a fool for a lifetime."
Installer_mss 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2007 at 2:27 AM / IP Logged  
another thing you might consider is where you live.  i worked at a shop that had a lot of people that lived in duncanville/cedar hill, tx and there are a lot of radio towers there and they seem to shorten the range for the remotes a bit because some or most alarms work off of radio frequencies.
"If you ask questions, you're a fool for 5 minutes; if you don't, you're a fool for a lifetime."
meh66 
Copper - Posts: 266
Posted: July 06, 2007 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  
I never thought about the area I live..good point. I was told from the Crime Stopper rep that they can only get one data module to work consistently for that vehicle.
MEH66
"Car Performance and Mobile Electronic Enthusiats"
audiopete 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2007 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
i work with all brands and one is crimestopper there 2 ways are funny some work great then others work not so great but i got to say there 1 ways are great installed a ton of them and out of all of them i had minor issue s  there not the best company out there but there not junk
Installer_mss 
Posted: July 07, 2007 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  
if you cannot install a product without having problems or even "minor issues"...especially on a somewhat regular basis, then the product is not a good product.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2007 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
Look into ultra starts 3265 2 way unit, they have been very reliable, range was great and easy to use. Just impossible to get product.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic