the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

hamzter's audio system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hamzter 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2007 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
Just thought I would post some pics of my audio system. My noise problem that has plagued this forum comes and goes, but for now it is bearable. I just need to get the gains set on the EC and the amps...
hamzter's audio system -- posted image.
here is a close up of the dress up work...
hamzter's audio system -- posted image.
I will be installing a cover so that all you will see is the top of the cap. Maybe some lights also... and fans.
Mark "Hamzter" Cinense
1991 Infiniti G20 w/JDM SR20DE
Eclipse CD8445
MTX Thunder 684
Polk DB6750
Polk DB6500
Optima Red Top in the Trunk
hamzter 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2007 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
I was wondering if anyone can tell me if it is bad to use the 45hz boost. I tend to shy away from tweaking the sound and try to run the system flat.
I know, I am still a newbie, but I am a hobbyist.
thanks,
Mark "Hamzter" Cinense
Eclipse CD8445
MTX Thunder 684
Polk DB6750
Polk DB6500
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 12, 2007 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
It's up to you if you want to use it.  Just keep in mind that if you do use it, your gain will have to be re-adjusted.  I personally hate the adition of bass boosts on amplifiers as they cause nothing but problems. 
bigbangs 
Copper - Posts: 12
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2007 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
yeah it look since. maybe when you cover it up I would put a widescreen tv back there on the cover. That would look slick.
Also do you have a negative wire running from you capacitor because i dont see ant??
Pioneer Deck
5.25 Kicker Front Speakers
6.5 Kicker Rear Speakers
2 12" Directed SX Subwoofers
Hifonics Brutus BXi 1206D AMP
1 Capacitor
2 gauge wiring..Big 3 upgraded
Steady 13.8 volts
hamzter 
Posted: July 12, 2007 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
bigbangs wrote:
yeah it look since. maybe when you cover it up I would put a widescreen tv back there on the cover. That would look slick.
Also do you have a negative wire running from you capacitor because i dont see ant??
yes, the negative wire runs behind where you can't see it. I guess I could show it off, but I will see.
I really can't wait to see how the new sub and box is going to sound. I am thinking about getting a Dual 4 ohm version to put in the new enclosure. What do you all think?
Mark "Hamzter" Cinense
Eclipse CD8445
MTX Thunder 684
Polk DB6750
Polk DB6500
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2007 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  

Do your amps get warm? it seems there isn't enough flow back there. Maybe enclose the amps completely and have a push-pull fan setup?

2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
hamzter 
Posted: July 13, 2007 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  
it feels like the 1500dx gets a little warm. I am highly considering a push pull configuration. I will be completing the lid sometime this week... maybe this weekend since I have some carpet now.
I have a couple of 12 volt PC Neon lights... any recommendations on what and how to setup?
Mark "Hamzter" Cinense
Eclipse CD8445
MTX Thunder 684
Polk DB6750
Polk DB6500
zhalverson 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2007 at 1:35 AM / IP Logged  

Correct me if I'm wrong but that looks like an Infinity perfect to me.  I used to run those, good subs i thought.  Looks good mounted in there, hope you like it!

hamzter 
Posted: July 13, 2007 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  
zhalverson wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but that looks like an Infinity perfect to me. I used to run those, good subs i thought. Looks good mounted in there, hope you like it!

yes, that is a Perfect 12. I have a 12.1 Perfect that will be getting a new home, but I am highly considering a 12.1D in the new fiberglass enclosure I am building.
Mark "Hamzter" Cinense
Eclipse CD8445
MTX Thunder 684
Polk DB6750
Polk DB6500
hamzter 
Posted: July 15, 2007 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
I have new pictures with my cover done, but I will post them when I get more time.
I have a Cisco Routers Practical final tomorrow. Should have been studying, but instead played with the system.
I don't know if my 4 channel MTX is shot...
I am getting engin noise from the rear channel of that amp and it seems to be in the mid freq's only. I have swapped out the Monster cables and get the same engine noise result.
the only thing I was able to do was move the bundle of 3ft RCAs and somewhat subside the noise. If I remove the rear channel RCAs I don't get any noise.
I am at a loss right now.
Mark "Hamzter" Cinense
Eclipse CD8445
MTX Thunder 684
Polk DB6750
Polk DB6500
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic