icon

dome supervison

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ranchorey 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2007 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
I just had a Viper 791xv installed in my 07 F-250 King Ranch.  It has the remote start option. Everything is fine, except for one thing. I thought when I first got the truck back from the install shop, that the dome lights would turn on when I disarmed the system.  Just the other day, I noticed that the dome lights would not turn on when I disarmed it.  I remembered that several days before that I was washing my truck and I used the remote to put the system valet mode.  I had a little bit of trouble going from arm to disarm and back to arm.  I dont know if I maybe unprogrammed the dome supervision feature.  I went back to the install shop and they told me that the dome lights never turned on from the beginning.  They wanted to charge me another $50 to put some part in the system to make that work.  According to the manual the 791xv has this option built in.  Are they trying to get more money from me?  Does anyone know how to reprogram this feature?  Help.. Thanks,
King Ranch
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2007 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  

I don't think dome light is programmable/unprogrammable as an option, it's a hardwired feature that needs to be installed by the installer with all the other connections.

They'll probably install a relay and do some extra wiring to provide power to the dome light wire for your truck.  The truck's dome light would NOT come on (at least I don't think) just by disarming it. They should have just installed dome light supervision when they did the initial install, and I think it's a bit stupid that they're charging you more for that -- should have told you that it was an optional feature.

The search function is your friend.
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2007 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
The domelight wire is
ORANGE / LT GREEN (-) at the HEADLIGHT SWITCH
The search function is your friend.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2007 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
It would be the BLACK/ white wire coming from the main viper harness.  As soon as you unlock(if connected) it should turn the domelight on.  im pretty sure you can program it but only if it was hard wired like peter mentioned.
ranchorey 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2007 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
It does not work when I unarm the system.  I guess the wire is not hooked up.  So I take it I dont need any special modules for this?  Thanks for the help. 
King Ranch
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2007 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
use just need a relay, just take it back to who put it in and ask them to do it, they may charge for it.
azaudio41 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2007 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
just a relay
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2007 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  

Depends I mean they are charging 50 bucs to add this.  Its not difficult at and the wire is easily accesible at the headlight switch which can be done.  Then again im pretty sure that if something goes wrong then the shop will charge extra to fix.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic