older prestige alarm trouble

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bhodgins 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2007 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  

Hi I'm new to this forum.

As a newb, I have a question that has me stumped, but may be simple for someone else. I have an older Presige alarm, an APS-2.

Last year when my car was in the shop, The siren was somehow disabled. I checked the wiring from the siren all the way back to the alarm control module. The wire colors seem quite similar to the APS-25, for which I've found the manuals and wiring diagram in the downloads section here. All the functions seem to work on the alarm, except for the siren; the led blinks as it should, then lights flash when the alarm is tripped, alarm is automatically tripped when the battery is plugged back in etc...

This alarm came with a one button remote, all installed and working whenI bought the car 10 years ago.

Any suggestions as to where to look?

Thanks,

Brad

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 06, 2007 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
You mention the "alarm is automatically tripped when the battery is plugged back in etc..."
Does the siren sound when you plug it back in? If it does not, it is very possible that your siren just went bad and can be replaced with a simple $15.00 investment.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2007 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
can put a meter to the siren out put wire, that tell ya if the unit is good. also take wire form siren and put them on battery to see if siren goes off.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 07, 2007 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
Agree with swamprat323.
If you can't easily connect the siren's wires directly to the car battery, a battery from a cordless drill, or even a small 9-volt, will work too.
Audiovox sirens get the ground connection under the hood, where the siren is screwed into place. Sometimes the connection will get corroded or rusty----it might be a good idea to re-do the siren's ground.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic