icon

07 dodge ram problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gstylez 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2007 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
installed rs system in a 07 dodge ram today.... got everything but rs to work... when i rs it would actually fire up like its about to start.. but never cranks.. i tried everything.. i was using the xk532 then tried doc 1084 i think that is wat i used... then when i start with key and do rs takeover it does that fine... can u please help me.. thanks
fkelsey 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2007 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
You need to put a 1000k resistor between the black ground wire and and the pink start input wire. If you dont want to do that you need to build the relays with the resistors for the second acessory and the start. Dont know exactly what the glitch is but the resistor is the fix.
gstylez 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2007 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
i tried the 2 relay trick.. following the 1084 direct fax document.. dont know wat the 1000k black to pink wire is.. never tried that can u give me more details.
fkelsey 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2007 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
There is a post somewhere on this site that explains it and it was on the bypass kit web site and I tried to find it for this post for you but I couldn't. I have done approximately 30 Dodge and Jeep remote starts and the 1000k resistor works. You put it between the ground (black) on the 532 and the start input wire (pink) and like magic the car cranks up using the MUX wire from the 532. I am not sure what the glitch is in the 532 but the resistor is the fix to keep from building the two relays. If I find the link on the bypass site I will post a link back for you.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 09, 2007 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
The resistor is needed if the starter wire is missing at the ignition switch.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic