icon

here’s a design of my box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
j12v 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2007 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  

Here's a design of the box Im going to build (Or at least try to :P) and I was wondering if there was a specific spot where the sub and the terminals should be. My assumption would be make the hole for the sub on the yellow area, and have the terminals on the black area or vice versa.

Let me know what you guys think. (This is my first attempt at building a box btw)

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=22&Eh=14&Dia=6&Xmax=29&Vd=0.14&NumW=1&Vb=1.75&Fb=32&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2007 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
Sub where yellow is correct. But I don't like the port opening out the side. I had a box design similar to that before but my ports opened out the front next to the sub. What is this going in?, I can't remember.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 08, 2007 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Jeepers that's a big port.  Do you need 50 square inches of opening?  What are you pushing to this sub...a thousand watts?
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
j12v 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2007 at 4:26 AM / IP Logged  
Lol, the sub is a W7 and the amp is the 500/1. Its going in a 2001 Eclipse. Im impatient when it comes to new stuff for my car, so I already got the wood all cut at Home Depot. They did a pretty cool job, the person that cut it for me measured it before and after he cut the mdf. It roughly cost around $29. I know it should've cost more, but it was closing time and the person who cut it didnt write out a receipt or anything. I did forget to pick up some wood glue, but I wanted to know if there was anything you guys would recommend. I know not to use liquid nails cause Ive been doing a little research and I read on alot of sites saying not to use it.
2001eclipse 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2007 at 3:38 AM / IP Logged  

Forgot my pw, but this is j12v. I was wondering if it would possible and/or better for me to mount the sub on the top of the box instead of the yellow area.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic