icon

2001 Jetta 1.8t Remote Start/Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shadowinfector 
Copper - Posts: 199
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
hey man i am having trouble with my alarm/rs install on my 01 jetta 1.8t....i went to every door to catch the door pins but now i have to arm the car twice so the alarm knows that the doors are not open or to get it off ground....how did u fix it?? my other problem is that its not catching the door triggers when it is armed unless i disconnect the factory comfort control module....any help would be appreciated....thanx
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  

Is there a delay on the dome light?

gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
The posted data sheet is wrong.......
The only door pin available at the CCM is the driver's door. All other doors are at each door respectively. BROWN / white. At courtesy light or at harness to the latch assembly. Goes direct to ground. No delay at all. There is also no usable tach or glowplug signal at the cluster either. All that info comes in from the ECM on the CAN bus or the k-line. A good tach is at the ECM, left plug, pale GREEN/ pale orange tracer, or at the injectors (gas), or the crank position sensor as mentioned. Glowplug, well, better off to use a 10 sec timer.
Or
Use an XK01, programmed for VWDL. Gives doorpin, hood, trunk (that are also available at the CCM, btw.), doorlock. No running into doors. Much easier.
The MKIV VW is not the worst thing out there to work on by any stretch of the imagination. Do an alarm in an older Jag sometime for some real headaches. The German stuff isn't bad at all.
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
swerks 
Copper - Posts: 224
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
xk 01 is the way to go
Steve Sverdahl
Swerksound Auto Electric
Red Deer Alberta
shadowinfector 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2007 at 3:31 AM / IP Logged  
i already went into each door to catch the door pins and a, having the problem as stated of arming it twice.....where is the ecm located to catch the tach wire?? and xk01-vwdl can be used on an 01 jetta??? howdo these work??? is it like a harness or sumtin...ive never used one....thanx....
2001 VW Jetta 1.8t
Manual
Alarm/RS Scytek 8000rs (made for manual transmission)
1. when arming aftermarket system...shows door open, but when i arm it again it doesnt show ....so its like i have to arm it twice.... i grabbed the door triggers at every door and diode isolated them.,...as well...
2. when i trigger one of the doors after armed it doesnt send door trigger signal to aftermarket alarm...only to factory alarm....but when i disconnect the factory alarm/comfort control module, and test the door triggers again...it sends the signal to the aftermarket alarm and it works....
3. I can not find the tach wire ont his car....and i am not sure where teh injector coil is....
any help would be greatly appreciated thank you
shadowinfector 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2007 at 3:33 AM / IP Logged  
well when i hit arm the first time the domelight immediately turns off...but then i have to arm it again to get the car to arm because it will say that one of the doors are open....after the second arm it is good/....
swerks 
Copper - Posts: 224
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2007 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  
save urself alot of headache use a data module like tke xk01
Steve Sverdahl
Swerksound Auto Electric
Red Deer Alberta
shadowinfector 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2007 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
how is the data module hooked up??? like how does it work???
shadowinfector 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2007 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
can i use the DB-VWDL??? does this also give tach signal?? and where is the best place to purchase this>>> xk01-vwdl or db-vwdl?? which one is better?
shadowinfector 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2007 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
where is the ecm located??
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic