icon

04 Toyota Matrix Alarm Bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
antifork 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2007 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
I just bought myself a used 04 toyota matrix. I have just finished pulling out an old clifford from my 89 honda civic (that is grazing in a junk yard in hialeah. RIP Hedwig) that i had installed with the power window modules(G4 and G5 smart windows). I would like to put this alarm and feature in my new ride but i dont know where the stock alarm is to disconnect it. some people have told me that the keyless entry cannot be bypassed because it is a feature with the ECU.I dont if that is true or if they are trying to rob me. Does anyone know how this alarm is bypassed or disconnected?
thanks
Just cut ur frame and drag the thing!
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 24, 2007 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
1. In the rare event you have a factory alarm, there is no need to bypass it. The aftermarket system can easily arm and disarm the factory system as well.
2. I think I've seen one, maybe two of those cars with a factory alarm....are you sure you have one?
antifork 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2007 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
well in reality i think mine is just the keyless remote entry but i went to an alarm store in my nieghborhood and they said it does have a factory alarm. the thing is i pulled this alarm off my honda that didnt have an alarm so it was easy to install. im not very familiar with dealing with factory alarm. but in this circumstance this so called "alarm" that is in my car doesnt sound when i open the door without a key so i think all this really has is a keyless entry function though the remote does have a panick button that when pressed the car goes off with lights and horn. also this car is just the base model
ranger svo 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2007 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  

Look behind the driver kick panel, look for a Blue wire with a Yellow stripe. That would be the disarm wire ( if its there). If its there test it with a volt meter. If its the right wire it will show a voltage on it. While watching the meter, unlock the door with the key. If its the factory disarm wire the voltage will drop to 0 momentarily. Then you have a factory alarm.

The moving power of mathematical invention is not reasoning but imagination.
Augustus de Morgan
antifork 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2007 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
ok im gonna give that a try at my shop tommorrow and write the results.
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2007 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
As Chris Luongo said, it would be rare for that car to have a factory alarm......the easiest way to tell, would be to open the drivers door....push the lock button on the door, and then shut the door.....if it has a factory alarm, then the security light to the left of the steering column will light up solid for about 20 seconds. make sure the hood, trunk and other doors are shut. If it doesn't light solid, you don't have a factory alarm.
shaip99 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2007 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  

i work at a toyota dealership and here are your wiring spec that you need to know

for factory security all you need to do is run a ground out when running to the keysence wire it is blue right beside the ignition harness. not likely you will need this. 12v is black, ignition is BLACK/ white, acc is BLACK / YELLOW. your door lock wire are blue yellow for unlock and green for lock. in the kick panel . your parklight wires is green positive trigger in the driver side running board harness you brakes are GREEN/ white and the door pin common is red / YELLOW negative trigger these three are all in the same group of wires. the rear hatch releaseis at the release button on the bash use the blue wire negative pulse. and if you want to connect horn it is at the steering colum near the top it is a green and black wire there are two identical wires so test if you unplug the wire and lock at it is the wire to the side not the middle.

as for tach go to the blue yellow wire right on top of the engine passanger side

and i dont mean to be rude to ranger svo but he is wrong about the test for factory alarm the blue yellow wire is the unlock wore not factory disarm ALL  toyotas use the keysense wire to disarm the factory alarm

hope all this helps

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd
all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive
music."-Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 25, 2007 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
WireMagic
FACTORY ARM Arms with lock wire      
 FACTORY DISARM Disarms with unlock      
Directechs
Factory Alarm Arm arms with lock    
Factory Alarm Disarm disarms with unlock    
Disarm No Unlock use key sense wire
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 25, 2007 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like it just has keyless entry.
If it did have an alarm, there would be a small rectangular panel, intalled in one of the blank holes by the trunk-relase button and change holder, that says "SECURITY" with a red light.
Regardless, the installation would be the same, and there is nothing to disconnect or disable whatsoever. If you have a factory alarm, the aftermarket system will arm/disarm it anyway.
There should already be a wiring diagram for your car somewhere on this website, just use the search feature. Corolla, Matrix, and Pontiac Vibe are all the same from 2003-2008, so any of those diagrams should work for you.
The only differences are:
Corolla doesn't have a trunk-release button (on the Matrix, it's blue/white, at the switch on the dash)
-and-
2005-newer Matrix has an anti-theft transponder in the key.
So, that being said, just find whatever Corolla/Matrix/Vibe diagram you can on here.
antifork 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2007 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
thanks everyone im gonna get to work on the alarm this saturday and post the results then. thanks agian to anyone who submitted to give me a hand
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic