icon

compustars anything to watch out for?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
swerks 
Copper - Posts: 224
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2007 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
mr swift i live in canada where its cold and 15 cars a day is not uncommon i personally do around 1200 remote starters per year your right i have not used the proline from compustar and probally never will.i have no problem paying a little more for the best in quality and neither do my customers
Steve Sverdahl
Swerksound Auto Electric
Red Deer Alberta
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2007 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  

Well we can relate then. I from anchorage Alaska and we do about 20 cars a day in winter time. each installer does about 3-5 cars a day and a maybe one warranty each. To some people thats insane. Compustar is pretty big in Alaska since it was originated there. you said you don't ahve a problem paying a little bit more for quality. What quality product are you speaking of? And why would you Never use compustar? But anyways, to the person who originally posted this, compustar is all around a good company. They are thier own manufacturer and they have good service. They always try to innovate and create things to make installs easier for the installers. therefore i give them two thumbs up.                =)

"dont ground out!"
swerks 
Copper - Posts: 224
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2007 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
I use astrostart and autostart the 2 original and best starter manufactures on the planet!! combacks are far and few between. Less than 1% total over my 13 year career.
Steve Sverdahl
Swerksound Auto Electric
Red Deer Alberta
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2007 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, I'm with you Astro guys, It's been tatooed on my forhead for a while now, but there are too many dealers out here and the aftermarket manager guy wants compustar -- [???] -- so all in all they are good it sounds like.. just educate the customers and such.. do they offer software ie astrochart and bypasses also or are ya on your own there? I havnt had a lotta time to get into the tech stuff mainly cuz it's 95 out and who the hell is thinking about auto starts now [at least here] and we don't have any yet... thanks guys again...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2007 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  
You'll get installogy tailored for the compustar stuff and they have bypass listings and such. You guys looking at the pro line or the regular stuff?
1456wires 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2007 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
 we use the pro line.  Only issues with them is complexity for customers who can't pay attention or read instructions say they hard to use. 2way remotes have had some issues with range. We use Compustar as our premiun line and Ultra Starter an our main line. No question about it Compustar can do more.
Vyse 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2007 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
JWorm wrote:
[QUOTE=stratorider]
The brain is a little bigger than other companies that have internal relays, but they are not that big.
The brains for those are pretty big. Also, compared to a DEI system, the remotes are way too complicated.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2007 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
Vyse wrote:
JWorm wrote:
[QUOTE=stratorider]
The brain is a little bigger than other companies that have internal relays, but they are not that big.
The brains for those are pretty big. Also, compared to a DEI system, the remotes are way too complicated.
Remotes too complicated? You press Lock...it Locks. You press Unlock....it Unlocks. You hold the Start button for 2 seconds....it starts. You hold the trunk release button for 2 seconds....it pops the trunk.
The other 10 functions my 2-way Compustar remote can do are all printed on the back of the remote. If you don't have the ability to read and comprehend, maybe you should stick with a factory remote.
stratorider 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2007 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
I think he means they are more complicated to program than a DEI, comparatively. Key on and off 5 times, and put the battery in and whatever. Easier to just turn the car on, find the valet button and you are done. The Compustar that I put in worked just fine, just the brain was too big and the remote was ugly and I didn't like having to program it. Also, doesn't Compustar make Scosche remote start/alarms or vice versa? They look awfully similar.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2007 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  

I think the programing of the remotes is easy and if you think about it, how many installers actually put in dei's valet swtich in? yes compustar makes the scosche remote start.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic