your favorite 6.5 component on the market

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2007 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  

i am an idiot wrote:
I vote for the Focal 165K2P's with a boatload of power.

like a 300/2? lol. i have had nothing but people wanting that combo after they hear mine. but like i said and was stated by othes. they have a real bright/harsh sound that some just dont prefer. so check around and listen to the different brands if you can.

2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 02, 2007 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
jvillefinest wrote:

they have a real bright/harsh sound that some just dont prefer. so check around and listen to the different brands if you can.

That's how I felt about Focal component speakers as well.  But then I've always preferred a softer tweeter.  I also thought Focal components lacked low end extention and had rather poor imaging through the whole line.  The only exception I found was their 3-way set. 

I have been unimpressed with the JL components we've done.  I was expecting greater things from them.  I have always been a big fan of a/d/s/ components as well as those offered by Diamond Audio.  You may want to take a listen to their speakers if you can.

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2007 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
Steven Kephart wrote:
jvillefinest wrote:

they have a real bright/harsh sound that some just dont prefer. so check around and listen to the different brands if you can.

That's how I felt about Focal component speakers as well.  But then I've always preferred a softer tweeter.  I also thought Focal components lacked low end extention and had rather poor imaging through the whole line.  The only exception I found was their 3-way set. 

I have been unimpressed with the JL components we've done.  I was expecting greater things from them.  I have always been a big fan of a/d/s/ components as well as those offered by Diamond Audio.  You may want to take a listen to their speakers if you can.

I used to be a fan of a/d/s speakers and amps, in fact I used to an entire system composed of a/d/s, the ph-15 6 channel the 642csi active x-over with  AL4 and AL5 components. However my boss has a set of the 346's? or what ever the most recent set of 6.5's available and they are about as dead as can be, I belive it is due to the dei take over.  

Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 03, 2007 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, the a/d/s/ set I had (336is.2) was well before the DEI ownership.
smgreen20 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2007 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
Woofersetc.com has Phoenix Golds Elite 6s and 5s right now for $299.99 shipped. Made by and after the Morel Elate line. That's under $300. Go w/Dynaudio as well. But watch for the fake Dyns being sold on the market right now. An AMAZING cheap set is PGs RSD6 comps. Retail for $160, you can get them on ebay for $87 shipped. Best drop in speaker $$ will buy right now.
swerks 
Copper - Posts: 224
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2007 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
focals are very nice the k2ps are very good i currentley run a set of polyglass 165v2 and i really quite like them. but i am a life long mb quart guy
Steve Sverdahl
Swerksound Auto Electric
Red Deer Alberta
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2007 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
d661s from diamond audio, clean, clean cleanyour favorite 6.5 component on the market - Page 2 -- posted image..  As always listen before you buy and support your local audio stores....
f150fan 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2007 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with extremej. I just installed a set of those today and they were awesome. I have a set of the hex's in my f-150 and absolutely love them as well. One of my other company trucks has the Kappa Perfects in it and I would take the Hex's or the D6's over the Infinity's any day of the week. I have yet to be dissapointed in a Diamond product.
Flakman 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  

[/QUOTE]

I used to be a fan of a/d/s speakers and amps, in fact I used to an entire system composed of a/d/s, the ph-15 6 channel the 642csi active x-over with  AL4 and AL5 components. However my boss has a set of the 346's? or what ever the most recent set of 6.5's available and they are about as dead as can be, I belive it is due to the dei take over.  

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. a/d/s has been a mere shell of their former company since the takeover. I have the 336is.2 and they have an incredible sound. The current sets don't have the build quality or sound quality they used to.

The Flakman
I feel strange. I have deja vu and amnesia at the same time.
John | Manteca, CA
j_darling2007 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2007 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
Alpine Type-R. It is the best in the $300 range hands down, in my opinion.
There are 3 kinds of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic