icon

2000 mustang, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dru_4g 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2007 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
my buddy tried to install a remote start on my mustang and now it seems as if the factory alarm won't turn off and i can't start my car. the theft light on the dash keeps blinking and when i try to start my car i don't even hear a click from the starter. i need my car so can somebody please help me. here's where we stand.
tried to install the alarm
got it to crank, but not completely start
played around with the wiring
engine stopped cranking
noticed theft light constantly blinking
completely took the alarm out
still not cranking
HELP!!!!
tragik 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2007 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like transponder trouble to me. Ask him how he interfaced the transponder. If he used a module, it may be improperly installed or defective. If he used a key, it may be misinstalled as well. The theft light with flash like that if the car isn't seeing an RFID signal from the key or if it is seeing two different RFIDs. THat is where my troubleshooting would start. Check fuses too.
Northstart.....or start it your damn self.
dru_4g 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2007 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
i checked fuses, he didn't install a bypass module. we didn't know my car needed one. i only have one key, is it possible for a key to become unprogrammed?
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2007 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
Usually on Fords you would at least hear the vehicle try to crank over.  If I were you, meter the starter wire which is WHITE/ pink and see if it gives you a 12v read when you crank the vehicle.  Also make sure that the starter wire isnt cut.
dru_4g 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2007 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
the starter has voltage, but won't crank.
2000 mustang, remote start -- posted image. someone please help soon2000 mustang, remote start -- posted image.
sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2007 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
Did your buddy cut the starter to wire up a starter disable? If so did you test both sides of the relay, or better yet take the relay out and reconnect the starter wire? There is the outside chance that your starter is bad. Try giving it a whack with a hammer and see if it starts. (no I am not trying to be funny)
sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2007 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
Also, could you elaborate on "played around with the wiring"?
tragik 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2007 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  

A flashing theft light indicates transponder failure. In a number of fords an invalid transponder ID will prevent cranking as well. see if he unplugged the transponder harness from the key cylinder or otherwise cut any of the wires accidentiallly.

Also, is this car a manual? If so, check to see that the clutch switch has been correctly interfaced. That will prevent cranking, but would fail to explain the theft light.

Northstart.....or start it your damn self.
cavsfan 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2007 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
If you tried to remote start the car without the correct rf code the theft system will lock up. Put the key in the ignition and turn it to the on position and walk away come back in about 10 min and see if the theft light goes out. If it does start the car and go. If it don't start checking for unplugged harnesses under the dash near and to the left of the steering column.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic